Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Chest TC

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Cujo, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

Chest TC

I know that chest's Ilvl=Arealvl, but havent yet figured out the TC of chests..
    (I've tried doing some research, but all I came up with was that they get divided in A,B,C classes, but after that im lost..)

Thanks

2. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

I'm not 100% on this one either.
    There are Act ? (?) Chest (A,B,C) TCs for each act in each difficulty.
    Chests do not upgrade their TCs by level, so certainly eg the chest at the bottom of level 2 of the Pit in Hell is going to be Act 1 (H) Chest something - even though it will drop level 85 items - however I don't know how to determine what the something is.

It can be determined, because Ruvanal knows what chests drop what, but not sure if the info you need is anywhere in the MPQ file or if it is internal.

After the TC above is known it is simple to look up the max Equip TC in TreasureClassEx.txt.

3. Jarulf

Jarulf IncGamers Member

The A, B and C is picked based on the map level. First, we determine the level "range" of an act. It is basically the level of the first and last map area (as in their order in the data files, not nessecarilly the order you play them). This might not always get the highest and lowest level of an act, but close. I think they also fixed a bug were the Moo Moo farm was the last for act 1 and thus inflated that acts high level, but it might still be there, I have not checked. Then if the specific areas level is in the first third of that range, the A is used, in the middle third, the B is used and in the last third, the C is used (with the Moo Moo bug, basically all act 1 used/use the A). For the exact calculations to know the exact change (like if a level is more or less spot on the switch from A to B or B to C) I have to go check the code. It has been changed some in later patches and I only know it for earlier ones.

4. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

Ruvanal made a list (in the AB forum), which states what areas get A,B,C, but im still confused about how this tells anything about TC's, since im not into MPQ files or the like..

5. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Ah, cheers Jarulf, based on area level not progress through the act, that makes a bit of sense.

Cujo, the TreasureClassEx.txt file simply lists each of these Chest TCs and has an Equip TC alongside it that it can drop from. You can't "work it out" as such, you have to look it up. But I suppose I could list the Hell ones here...

Format is "Chest TC" "Equip TC" "max item TC level". Apologies if it is hard to read, never worked out posting tables properly...

Act 1 (H) Chest A Act 1 (H) Equip A 63
    Act 1 (H) Chest B Act 1 (H) Equip B 66
    Act 1 (H) Chest C Act 1 (H) Equip B 66
    Act 2 (H) Chest A Act 2 (H) Equip A 69
    Act 2 (H) Chest B Act 2 (H) Equip B 69
    Act 2 (H) Chest C Act 2 (H) Equip B 69
    Act 3 (H) Chest A Act 3 (H) Equip A 72
    Act 3 (H) Chest B Act 3 (H) Equip B 75
    Act 3 (H) Chest C Act 3 (H) Equip B 75
    Act 4 (H) Chest A Act 4 (H) Equip A 78
    Act 4 (H) Chest B Act 4 (H) Equip B 78
    Act 4 (H) Chest C Act 4 (H) Equip B 78
    Act 5 (H) Chest A Act 5 (H) Equip A 84
    Act 5 (H) Chest B Act 5 (H) Equip B 87
    Act 5 (H) Chest C Act 5 (H) Equip B 87

A lot of those look the same, there is in fact no difference between most Chest B and C TCs.

6. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

Thanks..just what I needed to know.. :xsmile: