Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Chest Infection Tuesdaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

RL: Chest infection, like I'm not ill enough. So, my workload at uni is way up suddenly, in addition I am organising my masters, finding honours supervisors, planning summer scholarships and making applications for a leadership programme and a course on professional skills. So busy! Oh, and work obviously. Tomorrow I am working at my university open day too, so a long day ahead after lectures. I could really use some sleep :p

D2: I killed Mephisto today. That was it :p

OVG: Pokemon Y is on the side burner.

2. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

@Kitteh Bummer. I actually thought they finally figured out what's wrong. Seems like the chest infection just goes on top of that :(. Getting enough sleep, together with getting good food, is actually needed much more than medicines in order to get better, but it seems like it's hard to get enough sleep with your very busy schedule.

RL: work still sucks, and the bad news is that there is no chance it will improve. But it still is close to my home and we have a lot of free days, which is why I choose the job in the first place, so that's that. I have been feeling very tired for the last 2 - 3 weeks, but things seem to improve again. I hope it does, because I want to train for either an attempt to break my PR on the half marathon or join my first 70K trail. In both cases, I'll have to be in really good shape to succeed.

D2: I tuned down my playing time. Not because I was playing too much on the whole, but because I was still playing more than I have time for, and on times when I actually didn't have time. Too bad, because there's still so much I want to achieve: my 99er, my Sept, some more utility characters like a mf Barb, Venomancer, ... , some less commonly known builds, ... Ah well.

OVG: still nothing. The itch to play Grim Dawn is slowly coming back though. Same for Doom and Portal 2. Hopefully I'll have more time to play in wintertime.

Kitteh likes this.
  3. Kitteh

Portal is awesome! What do you do? 70k any day. I personally prefer to do something I've done before than do something else mildly better. Plus, training for the 70k will help your HM time more than a HM PR will help your endurance.

T72on1 likes this.
  4. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

I've played the original Portal, but not Portal 2. So I really should give it a go.

I don't care for speed much these days, so yes normally I'd choose the 70K over the fast HM anytime. Problem is that I sometimes have the impression that my body can cope with speed better than it can with really long distances. Hence, and also becauses the 70K is already in 2 months time, I might for once go for the HM instead.

Kitteh likes this.
  5. NorthDakota

NorthDakota IncGamers Member

Does everyone here run? I didn't know you guys ran. I know @crazyrunnerguy runs. I love running. Half is as far as I've raced though. 70k sounds terrible to me. That's so cool. How much do you guys run a day? I have a hard time finding the time to put in more than about an hour, 7 milesish so nothing too crazy. But it destroys my body even when I'm in shape. I just have to eat so much and I get so sleepy

6. Kitteh

At the moment and for the last three months, zilch :(

Generally, I only run about 30 miles per week in a normal training cycle, although all of that is key miles; long hill run, tempo, hill sprints, hill repeats, intervals etc.

7. NorthDakota

NorthDakota IncGamers Member

I need to start running again. For some reason summers just bum me out for running. I don't know if it's the increased availability of other activities or what. But winter time I dig in hard. It gets dark and cold here, other than drinking and video games, there's not a whole lot to do so I hit the gym :) That's cool 30 mpw is great I'd be happy to be doing that much. I'm currently cultivating mass. I'm working on my before photo.

DiabloTwoinDC likes this.
  8. DiabloTwoinDC

DiabloTwoinDC IncGamers Member

Haha. I like that. I'm gonna use that one when the wife wants me to go running. :rolleyes:

Kitteh likes this.
  9. Timinator

Timinator IncGamers Member

Sucks about the chest infection, this (southern hemisphere) winter I had a hospital visit for a chest infection in May, then late July admitted again for Hillary Clinton's disease (pnuemonia). Its a SLOW recovery for me. I had bilateral pneumonia and 4 weeks later an xray had lots of jargon. Basically "some improvement, some crap, more to go".

D2: not played in a bit

OVG: D3 seasons. I unlocked my first ever stash tab with a WD, and got higher than i've ever been before! Closing in on the guardian bit.
    I loved portal and portal 2, they are a bit different, Portal 2 is much more story heavy and not just a small experiment but a full game in its own right.
    I recently played some Doom earlier this year. I went through all 64 levels of Final Doom and have been playing the master levels for Doom 2. I had the idea when the Doom (2016) demo ran like a dog on my 6 year old machine. I thought i'd play what I never finished in the past.

10. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

Are y'all named Forrest?

RL: Bored at work. Tired. Have to do some stuyding for the course i'm following (exam in 3 or 4 weeks), but that's not made easy because....

OVG: Destiny Rise of Iron came out yesterday! Played it a bit. Did stop in time cause i was already tired and wanted to get a good night sleep. Didn't work because of course i couldn't get it out of my head.

So far only played a few missions. Light level is raised again, now blue engrams are dropping that have higher light level than the previous max. Encountered some tougher version of already known enemies, so that wasn't really exciting (so far). Did get to some new areas which is nice. Got a taste of the newly introduced heavy weapon type: the axe. Which was fun to play with. And i got a brand new exotic sword. Haven't used that yet as i was (am) still lvling up some old gear and wanted to finish that first.

Other than that i've seen some new things which i haven't tried yet due to a lack of time.

D2: Not for a while and judging by the OVG + RL that'll have to wait some more.