Checking if item is permed...

whitetiger604

Diabloii.Net Member
Checking if item is permed...

Is it true that if you can move an item around in the trade screen then it means it's permed?

Some guy I traded sojs with told me this.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
No....
You can moved the duped stuff around in the trade window too, so I don't see how moving them around proves that they're "permed" or not. :rolleyes:

DukeZed

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, what about all those 'please drop your rune in my private game to see if it disappears otherwise i wont trade with you' people? Genuine attempts to see if it is a dupe or merely scammers waiting to snaffle your rune?

dekrikke

Diabloii.Net Member
DukeZed said:
Hmm, what about all those 'please drop your rune in my private game to see if it disappears otherwise i wont trade with you' people? Genuine attempts to see if it is a dupe or merely scammers waiting to snaffle your rune?
never saw anything like this on the servers
but then again... i hardly trade there (and certainly not for runes)

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
DukeZed said:
Genuine attempts to see if it is a dupe or merely scammers waiting to snaffle your rune?
Snaffle. :wink3:

If showing it in the trade window isn't enough proof for them, then don't waste your time with 'em, just leave.

Idalia Snoweyes

Diabloii.Net Member
I will do 'drop' trades with people who have a good reputation, but not with those that don't.

I have had games crash and items 'poof' when in a trade window or doing drops, so I don't believe it works.

I sure as frack would not do it with a complete stranger. That is just asking to have them snarfed up.

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
Having someone move an item around in the trade window is supposed to ensure it's a "real" item; that is, not an image sent to your computer to trick you into accepting an empty trade window.

frack and snaffle...this thread rocks