Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Check pls.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Vorbiss, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Vorbiss

Vorbiss IncGamers Member

Check pls.

I got this thing from trade, and I really think it's from the item pack, but since I don't know where to download it from, I'll just ask here...Can anybody with the item pack check the fingerprints pls?

Mang Song's Lesson
    Archon Staff
    Two-Hand Damage: 83 to 99
    Durability: 26 of 26
    Required Strength: 34
    Required Level: 82
    Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 99
    Fingerprint: 0x98bdb75e
    Regenerate Mana 10%
    30% Faster Cast Rate
    150% Damage to Undead
    +5 to All Skill Levels
    -15% to Enemy Fire Resistance
    -15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
    -15% to Enemy Cold Resistance

Note the perfect stats and 99 ilvl. Extremely unlikely to happen. Good that I didn't payed first...I'm 99% sure that this is hacked, I'll delete it anyway, just decided to be sure, maybe the guy was extremely lucky. :rolleyes:

2. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

An ilvl of 99 isn't that unlikely--if the guy is always doing Hell Baal runs, that's exactly the ilvl you'd expect the item to have! So the only thing to be suspicious about is the perfect stats, and it's certainly possible for perfect items to drop normally.

3. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Vorbiss, if you have the latest ATMA, run it through the dupe detector as that one has the dupe database built in. If it comes out clear, then it might be a real item but there's no guarantees for that either as anyone can make more dupes anytime really...but atleast you can rule out the option that it would be from the warehouse.

4. brainfloss

brainfloss IncGamers Member

What did you trade it for? That might be a determining factor.

5. Shivan

Shivan IncGamers Member

no it doesn't unless someone has hacked into my computer and stolen the partially completed database

6. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

lol umm I thought it was already there...oops *hides*

7. Shivan

Shivan IncGamers Member

and vorbiss i just checked the database for you
    yes it did come for the dii.net item pack
    looks like someone has some explaining to do

8. the_alphabetman

the_alphabetman IncGamers Member

Another scammer? *sigh* That is discouraging. Now I recall why I don't trade much anymore :(.

EDIT: pats myself on the back.

9. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

"sigh"...and newcomers wonder why we are so touchy about the item pack...sorry, Vorbiss.

Steve

Kudos to Alphabetman for "sigh"-ing quicker

10. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

Yes,

it's item pack.

Vorbiss: I have all Fingerprints from the itempack online.

http://www.geocities.com/randall_mod1/warehouse.html

(It's the yahoo / geocities, so sorry for the unwanted banner stuff)

Randall

EDIT: To the forum / AE: Can we post the txt version in here and put it in the FAQ so everybody has easy access ?
    EDIT2: Thx Borlag, you added it to the FAQ allready.

11. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

I think it's about time to add that whole list to the trading FAQ....

Sorry about the trade gone bad Vorbiss, I hope you didn't lost anything really valuable, though I fear that's exactly what happened with an item of that rarity...

12. Vorbiss

Vorbiss IncGamers Member

Thanks Shivan, just what I thought... :( It was traded to me by a person that I'll PM AlterEgo about, I won't give his name, altho the situation is pretty clear. I thought they would've learned by now...
    Thanks everybody for the input! :)
    Btw when I said it's suspicious because of the ilvl and perfrect stats is because Baal have extremely low chance to drop the staff, and perfect one... :xflash:

13. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Aw, that sucks, Vorbiss. :( Sorry to hear you were framed. Remember to always ask for the atma readouts first. That's how I sniffed out the one trying to trade me dupes from the warehouse. (well, that and the fact that he wanted to give me tyrael's for the occulus... :lol: That made even me suspicious... )

The ilvl 99 isn't that unlikely, btw. My golden Caddy has that too as Baal was kind enough to drop it for me. The odds for the archon are about the same so it might as well have been that one.

14. the_alphabetman

the_alphabetman IncGamers Member

Yeah, it would be nearly impossible for an item as rare as Mang Song's with three variable mods to spawn perfect.

15. Vorbiss

Vorbiss IncGamers Member

I didn't asked for the readout because I tought that this thing with the warehouse items is over...guess not. Btw I too was offered Crown of Ages(from the warehouse, of course) for Headstriker in the past. :lol:

Is your Caddy from Baal perfect? I don't think so. ;) Exactly what the_alphabetman said.

16. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

I hope it will be soon....

the dupe list is now linked in the SPF trading FAQ, whenever anyone trades on high quality items, check that, it doesn't take long to copy the fingerprint from a post and then ctrl-f + ctrl-v + enter to search if it's there.

edit: umm Vorbiss, I thought I traded the Crown of Ages for you? A self found one I might add...

17. Shivan

Shivan IncGamers Member

randall: that won't be necessary
    the dupe database wil be done soon, i've just run into a couple of unexpected delays *cough* bloody mfo :p *cough*

18. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

People will always try to trade dupes. Seriously, it will never be over. And they will always try to pass of things from the warehouse. Most of them won't try the same thing twice, but I'm pretty sure people who have never heard of fingerprints or who don't know that the list is in the FAQ will still give it a shot.

Though these are the least "dangerous" variants, because they are easy to sniff out. There are a lot of other ways to cheat that can't be found out that easily.

In the end it's what we always said: Trade only with people you know and trust. Yes, that's probably hard against newcomers, but what else can we do?

19. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

It might be hard for them yes, but think of it this way, the newcomers can still trade the low and mid grade items, or even some of the more common high ones, just not the uber rare ones...as with those atleast personally I wouldn't trust any completely new guy who has no previous trade history here really...

I think the trading FAQ says "trade only with people you trust" atleast a dozen times :lol:

20. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Well, look at it this way...should someone who just pops up on the forum be given the same consideration as someone whose name you see all the time? Like so many other things, you need to invest in something to reap rewards...if you are new here, and want to trade high-end items, you should try to establish yourself in the forum before doing so. Not to sound elitist, but I would wager that a lot of newcomers to the forum are not DII vets with a cache of elite items for trade; more likely, our new folks will be like me when I started-trying to find out about the game, looking for tips and info, etc...or, longtime B-netters who are tired of online play. Either way, these folks would not typically possess really good SP stuff for trade, therefore I think a good dose of caution should be expected.

Steve

Edit: Borlag, you said it better, and quicker :)