Check out my new band!!

Hippie Holocost

Diabloii.Net Member
Check out my new band!!

Hey, support your fellow OTF radical right winger by checking out his bands website (you can download music and stuff)

I'm not yet on the website, but I am the bassist for the band.

Link:
http://www.bandzoogle.com/users/dgrotheer/

All opnion and feedback (good or bad) is appreciated, and if you want to hear more I can you you another link...

MagiusTheGrey

Diabloii.Net Member
Ive actually not heard of these guys before. But like i said in your other thread, i dun follow too much of the local music these days. Glad you found someone in Baton Rouge to play with though. You have any idea when you guys might be playing a public show at Ichabods or anything like that. If you know, id be happy to drop by and listen and tell you what i thought.

Hippie Holocost

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I'm still in the process of learning all of their songs, I have 7 out of 9 orginals down along with 1 of the covers they do. I would imagine that we will be road ready in a couple of months, since a good gig requires 3 hours of playing, which is in the neighborhood of 40-60 songs (depending on how much you break)

Congrats! I wish you well, maybe one day the RIAA will help you guys out!!!1!!11111

From the photo, which person are you replacing?

Hippie Holocost

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm replacing the guy on the left. The band said that he was playing, and then he combusted into a green puff of smoke....

I picture you to be replacing the bald guy, the bassist is always in the back and isn't important in the picture. He must be the drummer.

Hippie Holocost

Diabloii.Net Member
Canadia142 said:
I picture you to be replacing the bald guy, the bassist is always in the back and isn't important in the picture. He must be the drummer.

Actually he's the lead guitar player....way off.....

Hippie Holocost

Diabloii.Net Member
Canadia142 said:
I'll listen to all the songs tommorow.

Whats sweep pick?
Basically, his right hand is sweeping up and down all six stings while his left hand is doing about 5 pulloffs/hit ons a second, it sounds really cool. Listen to Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, or Symphony X to hear sweep picking. Its really really awsome...

Hippie Holocost

Diabloii.Net Member
crazy like a mo fo fool!!!!

If you want a good taste of it go to guitarwar.com, I'm pretty sure that they have some free songs and if they do, then a lot of them are sweeping

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Hippie Holocost said:
I'm replacing the guy on the left. The band said that he was playing, and then he combusted into a green puff of smoke....
It's one of those cases that the police just said, "better left unsolved . . ." :D

I keep meaning to go check this band site out when I'm at home. But then I spend my time at home srinking beer and sleeping. What to do, what to do . . .

Hey that ugly bass player site answered a question I've been wanting to know for a long time! Now I know where to put the hair crunchy tie thing to dampen the strings.