Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

cheating/stealing

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by kitkinnison, Jul 2, 2005.

1. kitkinnison

kitkinnison IncGamers Member

cheating/stealing

Short version of the story is that after another player killed me, I saw all my stuff seem to pop out of my corpse, the other person took everything and left the game. I assume this constitutes some form of cheating. Is there a way I can report this to blizzard?

For people who want to know: the character was Accadian, the account is ckilla23bertz.

For anyone feeling sympathetic, I lost everything I was wearing (que-hagan, oculus, war traveler boots, trang-oul's gloves, and harlequin crest. My amulet, rings and weren't all that good.
    Anyone who's willing to help me out, I'd appreciate it.

2. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

Try the help and give away thread.

Sorry for your loss, and sorry to say but blizz wont do anything

3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

How did the stuff pop out of your corpse? Did you have multiple corpses at the time (ie, did you die a fair amount of times?)

Edit: I'm not sure it's stealing per say. I've always been under the belief that if it's on the ground in a public game, it's up for grabs. This includes people who try and transfer items in a public game. Don't get me wrong, chances are I wouldn't care enough if someone was to transfer some items in one of my public games, but if they lose them to someone else, I won't shed a tear.

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

sorry for your loss. Remember that it's a game. People lose and people win.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't blame the other guy from taking your stuff. Almost all the people on bnet are like that. And ask yourself: if someone else's corpse popped and it dropped like enigma or botd, would you take it?

5. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

6. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

true, many people on these forums, including me, would not do something like that and steal people's items. I was just making the point that it's very tempting and most people on bnet will take it. Too often do we hear about those stories where friends stealing from friends when xfering and stuff like that.

7. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i thought popping wasn't supposed to happen anymore, in any version. sounds like a 3rd party program.

8. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

either you had like 20 corpses lieing around or it s 3th party program

in the later case i realy can t feel sorry for you :p and in the first case i wonder what your other 19 corpses were wearing :uhhuh:

9. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

:rolleyes:

10. Joch

Joch IncGamers Member

yup seems like that
    popping isn't possible anymore since 1.10, due to corpses.
    probably a 3th party program.
    I DID hear about a bug that if you have 15-20 corpses and you leave the game you have a chance of losing items. However it will NOT drop your items on the floor

11. iamke55

iamke55 IncGamers Member

I read on a different forum that after you drop your 16th corpse, dying again will make your first body pop items. I think this is the basis of yet another battle.net scam, where the scammer tells the first person that joins their "I dupe for free" game to remove gear, get killed 16 times, put on gear, then get killed again. btw I saw Accadian in a "free stuff" game earlier today, though he wasn't doing anything. He probably wanted to try this "corpse scam" on somebody.

12. TemplarRoadkill

TemplarRoadkill IncGamers Member

Yup that happened to me.. i had 3 corpse and when i left/come back i had nothing and no bodys on the floors.. lost 1 soj arachi my fathom and some other stuff :mad: