Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cheapest possible uber hunter

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Hilperi, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Hilperi

Hilperi IncGamers Member

Cheapest possible uber hunter

So I just started to play D2 once again and would want to try ubers for income as a change for the normal meph runs or whatnots, I leveled normal and NM with trapsin and I'd like to change her to kick/trap variant to hell so I wont go out of my mind with Lit immunes.

My question is this, can you build an ubering assasin with just few pgems and runes from NM countess?

My toughts were of imbued myrmidon greaves, maby some cheap unique weapon with crush, guilaume's, dracul's, and I suppose some resists and manaleech from somewhere, I would ofc build this up to farming Hell countess, Nilathak and The summoner first and get bit more income this way.

-Thank you for your answers.

2. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

Re: Cheapest possible uber hunter

It can certainly be done. :)

For the helm, the best bet is Guillaume's Face. A cheap socket is a res jewel (these can come from the cows you mentioned).

Amulet can be any with res (main focus when cheap).

Armor is usually expensive (at least 1 mid - high rune for the useful ones). The choices are lion heart, duress, CoH, fort, Nat's with a Ral Ort Thul to make + all res, or just whatever you're lacking, etc.

Shield should be SS. It helps with res (another jewel socket), DR%, block, etc.

Drac's, low raven (just need the CBF, mana and dex mostly, but don't stress perfection), tgods, gores (preferably upped, but doable plain) all make the "bare" gear set for them.

A mana leech ring (manald even) helps a ton as well.

For weapon, it usually has the CB and speed. I did UT with a Blood Crescent I found in a Trist run ;) Res, speed, leech, life...it's also dirt cheap.

Charms can be a mix of random + life and + res. Those two will be the lowest, but need to be boosted to tank meph's aura and to survive being hit.

On swap, a low CTA (even +1 bo) and a sigon's shield gives you a much appreciated boost in life. ;)

3. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Any build can be built farming pgems and runes with trading - the question is how long ;)

I wouldn't expect to uber for sometime, and unlike last season, its not going to be as profitable. At least as far as I've seen. Where last season, an hr bought 3 keysets and unid torches were solid at 2 hrs, it was easy to keep steady income. While I'm no longer on Bnet, when I was on this ladder, 3 keysets went for an ist, and you might find a buyer for unid torches at 3 ists - but with the change of rune values, I don't think its nearly as easy to find unid torch buyers now.

I do recommend going kick/trap though, as it will make things a lot easier as you work towards a merc infinity. You have plenty of options with weapons depending on what you cover with gear.

4. Hilperi

Hilperi IncGamers Member

Well this is what I figured to try and get, I have no idea if the prices are even close to right(EUscL).
    I was thinking I'll go and pop some baskets in NM act3 for pgems and maby if lucky few runes, might as well kill countess few times too.
    Bad thing about all this is that I pretty much need the whole gearset to start kicking my way trough hell, as I like to play trough it rather than get boosted, oh well...

Code:
    Slot	Item		Price
    Head:	Guilaume's	5Pgems
    Chest:	Treachery	Lem
    Gloves:	Dracul's	Pul
    Boots:	Gore Rider	Pul+ko+lem
    Ring1:	Manald		5Pgems
    Ring2:	Raven		Pul
    Amulet:	Allress		6pgems(cubed)
    Weapon:	Black		Io	
    Shield:	StormS		Pul
    Belt: resists I suppose
    Total: 90%crushing	16pgems, 6x Pul, 2x Lem, Ko, Io + 2x Um for socketing

5. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

How about 'Smoke' for the Armour for 50% Resist All? Anyway, the runes should be pretty easy to get from the countess in 1.13.

I would gamble for the mana leech ring and the amulet personally. You never know, you may get something quite nice.

6. Hilperi

Hilperi IncGamers Member

Yeah smoke would be nice for the resists, but treachery has 45ias, I have no idea what I need for the 7/3 tough, but I'm assuming that its more than 15 with flail :)

Resists will be a huge problem tough and I suppose I need to add lots of resists charms to compensate, hope they are not too expensive :)

7. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

I'd pick smoke over treachery. You shouldn't need the 45 IAS. 9/3 and 8/3 are fine breakpoints.

8. Strogg

Strogg IncGamers Member

I'm working on a similar build, but it's the one posted in the sticky guide that throws stars and kicks w/ 1 point death sentry and shadow master.

9. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

I believe ss is worth ist in this patch.

10. Hilperi

Hilperi IncGamers Member

Hmm yeah Ist is way too much for a single item for me, lets try again with Rhyme :)

I think I'll need to take 20lvl fade for at least some PDR in the place of stormshield, that would leave me with 13lvl shadow master and 18DT 20venom 20DS 1flight at 88lvl.

I found out that I cant do even hell countess yet, cant really fight my way there because of all the lit immunes and running there is way hard with sucky resists so I'm still doing NM countess and some random basket popping in act3 :)

Code:
    Slot	Item		Price
    Head:	Guilaume's	5Pgems
    Chest:	Smoke		Lum
    Gloves:	Dracul's	Pul
    Boots:	Gore Rider	Pul+ko+lem
    Ring1:	ML rare		Money
    Ring2:	Resists rare	Money
    Amulet:	Resists rare	Money
    Weapon:	Black		Io	
    Shield:	Rhyme		Not much
    Belt: resists I suppose
    Total: 90%crushing	5pgems, 2x Pul, Lem, Lum, Ko, Io + 1x Um for socketing

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  11. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

You don't need to max venom. Also, DS's lightning is too low anyway, so don't worry about lightning immunes. Corpse explosion kills them as well as the rest of the monsters.

12. SeCKSEgai

I had someone drop an SS for me free when I first started this ladder, I wouldn't expect them to be at ist value unless it was highest base def, or close to it.

Depending on your point scheme, I would use traps for support until you can find better gear. DS is mainly used for CE, the LS is low since it synergizes only with LS. If you can synergize LS with a Full DS and at least one other full synergy, your lite damage should be decent for all the non-immunes.

Should you get an infinity merc, you're traps will be a bit more helpful. But, enigma alone will be quite a bit of work this patch...

And, please don't dump heavy into venom - I did it last season, and I wouldn't bother again, except on a ghost.

13. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

my $0.02. i've successfully ubered using the following gear:

hat: Kiras for meph, Guilly face for the rest.
    armour: Smoke
    ammy: who cares so long as it has resists. a highlords can also be nice.
    belt: bladebuckle can work. anything with resists can work.
    gloves: Dracs or 20ias/10%CB crafted blood gloves.
    rings: ravenfrost + who cares, so long as it's got some res and/or life. a dwarfstar is a useful addition (life + mDR)
    weps: Strength in a Greater Talon as primary with Jade Talon offhand for meph and a bartucs offhand for the rest.
    boots: up'd gore riders or 2x upd goblin toes. do NOT EVER consider rare or magic Myrmidon Greaves, the strength requirement is horrific without the -% reqs on either gores or 'dancers. go with rare/magic Mirrored Boots if up'd gores or 2x up'd toes not available.
    switch: lifetap wand and a lidless.

14. iomanip

iomanip IncGamers Member

Interesting read. I'm expecting a nice write up as you get your first torch!

oh, and i bought a SS (EuScL) yesterday. Certainly didn't cost Ist, not even Pul, just 10 pgs (and iprbably could've gotten it cheaper as well).

peace!

15. Arikados

Arikados IncGamers Member

From my experience, C/C builds are way cheaper. Here's my suggestion;

Guliarmes - I seem to steal these off of baal games all the time, they're cheap and damn good. Um this for res, ferver jewel if you cant afford it.
    Metalgrid - If you haven't seen one, go look it up. These, for whatever reason, are only valuable if they're perfect. They breathe perfect for UT with lots of AR and 25-35 res. I've picked up these for btw 5pgems and a pul. Else 2 sin/all res ammys aren't that uncommon.
    Smoke RW - cheap, lots of res, pretty. If you have enough res, consider a GA with an um.
    2/2/4x Jade Talon - 40 res right there. Add a shael for IAS and use it as your mainhand so you get to mana leech off of stuff. Incredibly useful for baal. Nobody wants these, you can get them for a lem or find them.
    Bartucs - two all skills, one MA, lots of stats and fhr rounds this out. Offhand weapon. These things are everywhere.
    Dracs - ctc life tap. OW.
    Gores - Up these for kick damage. You. Need. Kick. Damage. this is what kills the last 10% of their hp. Also has OW to stop the ubers from regenerating.
    Ravenfrost - CBF and cold absorb
    Tgods - str, max light res, light absorb.
    Dwarf Star - fire absorb.

Total; 50%CB, 90%FHR, 115++ all res w/o fade, 15 cold and fire sorb, 10 light sorb.

50% is enough ctc CB for me. 1/2 of your hits take off 10% of their health. Might take a while, but any more is asking for trouble. Sorb will probably become your saving grace. Its like having an extra chunk of res. With a GA, your enemies will actually start to heal you.

@meph; Kickers cant kick their way out of a wet paper bag w/o myrmidon greaves. I'd rather have dual or tri rare myrmidons than double upped goblins.

16. SeCKSEgai

There are other folks who have done it with goblins or mirrored - but myrmidon is hefty without the -req on them - if you can get decent dual/tri res myrmidons, you might as well get gore riders ;)

Most of the damage is from CB afterall, it's just that little sliver that really has to deal with the real boot damage.

17. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

then i must have imagined soloing my way through the entire game with an untwinked kicker.

and i clearly couldn't possibly have killed hell Meph/Diablo/Baal wearing plain white mirrored boots.

/sarcasm.

the physical damage component of a kicker is actually a very, very small part of their overall damage output.

fyi: the only Myrmidon Greaves you should consider are Gores and 'Dancers. the most useful mod on both sets of boots is actually the -% Requirements. rare Myrmidon Greaves have a hideous strength requirement. incidently, iirc Mirrored Boots have the same (or very similar) Strength requirements as up'd gores (156). you can use double-up'd toes and slip straight into up'd gores if the fancy takes you.

18. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

Phys damage is for the leeching. CB is a vast chunk of how you kill. That said, 25 just from boots is nothing to turn your nose at ;)

19. Hilperi

Hilperi IncGamers Member

Thank you for all your answers, I had to gear my sorc first and start her of with keyhunting, now I have geared my 'sin like this.

Head: Guilaumes (15ias jewel)
    Ammy: Metalgrid (got this for Lem:p)
    Weapon: 'Black' in a Flail
    Chest: Lionheart (in a ringmail :D, didn't bother to find an elite armor)
    Shield: StormShield (pdiamond)
    Gloves: Dracul's
    Boots: Up'd Gores
    Belt: Crenderum (15allress, 15dex 15str) Need to swap for IK belt Because I'm low on fire/lit ress and near capped cold (after conv aura)
    Rings: Raven & rare 4%ml [email protected] +69mana

I think my biggest weakness is no FHR at all, but my sorc has FHR charms so I can swap them for some breakpoint, secondary consern is not enough resists and no one is selling me any resists charms on bnet >.<

My uber hunting skill plan is:
    Max Dtalon(i wont hit 24 but +ar is still cool)
    Max Venom(free dmg is fun)
    Max CoS(so the add's wont hit me)
    15pt Fade (50% PDR with stormshield)
    Rest of the points would go to Dsentry or Shadowmaster or whatever, Its purely an Uber hunter so I dont really bother about killing normal packs.

I end up with 95% crushing blow, Fire 112, Cold 187, Lit 150 resists and would need them up to 200 to get 75 after conv.
    I suppose I should just buy kira's, but I would really prefer not to swap around gear "all" the time. Oh and I swapped my gimpy necro torch to her as well to get some extra stats&resists :p

I'm not sure if this is cheap anymore most of the stuff is self found, should still be under Ist in price I think :)

20. SeCKSEgai

I'd say go for kira's and swap lionheart for smoke - you need resists wherever you can get it. Losing some str and cb is fine - you need to live in order to kill the ubers.