Cheap and Fun Pvp?

Zeppelin

Diabloii.Net Member
Cheap and Fun Pvp?

I just restarted D2 again after quitting before 1.10 came out....after playing for a month or two I've got the hang of 1.10 but I'm not to godly when it comes to items, What would you recommend as a good semi-cheap PvP Char?

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorcs... they're cheap and fun...

200 fcr fireball sorc or orber would be the cheapest to make "usable" IMO...Fire gcs are a lot cheaper then Ice gcs thought...but, ice needs less gcs to kill...

zeplin

Diabloii.Net Member
Zeppelin said:
Could you please direct me to a good guide for one?

any other suggestions?
1st thing, nice name and 2nd i asked the same question i got replies with fireball sorcs

calibansfury

Diabloii.Net Member
FB/Widowmaker Enchantress

Bigrob said:
hammerdins are the cheapest pvp char to make, and very effective. They do good for rushing as well.
Agreed, though they do best in rushing and in dueling with an enigma on, unless you want to be a tool standing in the middle of the field spamming hammers and thinking you pwn just because someone walked into the hammerswarm.

I think a cheap fun build, if on ladder, would be a FB/Widowmaker Enchantress. You dont need much in gear other than the widowmaker, which last time I checked you can pick up with an um, you chant that baby up and between some decent fcr for tele, some close range fb's and long range guided arrows, you can be a fun and thorough irritation to cs javas, trapesins (pelt the crap out of them before they get into range), and a range of other caster types. I wouldn't pick a fight with a paladin or bvc barb though. You'll irritate them enough to make them stomp your guts.

Oh, and prepare for some nk's with this build. Chant can get powerful at a low level with GA, and level 80's dont like geting owned by level 65 sorcs.

MauJ

Diabloii.Net Member
calibansfury said:
Agreed, though they do best in rushing and in dueling with an enigma on, unless you want to be a tool standing in the middle of the field spamming hammers and thinking you pwn just because someone walked into the hammerswarm.
You obviously have never dueled a good hammerdin. The top hammerdins on any realm not a single competent one uses tele. In fact I challenge any teleporting hammerdin to stand up to my liberator. Charge/Desynch hammers.

If you know how to use a good Charge/Hammer, then that is probably the easiest and best way to go. You could get by pretty cheap with good +skills.

A good 200% fcr sorc can actually get pretty expensive. The +2 20% circlet, and the ammy are harder than you'd think to get ahold of. That's a few hr's right there.

mdkkns

Diabloii.Net Member
Cheapest would be sorcs cos of tele. 200FCR is fantastic, but its possible to get

Hammerdins need tele to be really feasible for duelling (cos of casters).

You could try druids (firebears). Jalal, duress, Shaeled-6os pb and ss are reasonably cheap stuff to get.

MauJ

Diabloii.Net Member
mdkkns said:
Hammerdins need tele to be really feasible for duelling (cos of casters).
What is it with you people. Hammerdins do not need tele for PvP. It makes me sad that you people never duel Liberators :(

Bigrob

Banned
MauJ said:
What is it with you people. Hammerdins do not need tele for PvP. It makes me sad that you people never duel Liberators :(
liberator still require enigma to be effective, and it's more expensive to make than pure hammerdin.

Bigrob

Banned
GreatStupidPastry said:
Liberators DO NOT REQUIRE ENIGMA!
In fact, I think it's better without.
u mean using fort, that's the same thing.

u need max/ar/life charms to make a good liberator, while hammerdin u can just use vita scs.

GreatStupidPastry

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
u mean using fort, that's the same thing.

u need max/ar/life charms to make a good liberator, while hammerdin u can just use vita scs.
I don't understand. You said liberators require enigma to be effective, the reason why people use enigma MAINLY is for teleport. Fort does not have this skill. So how is this the same thing?

Bigrob

Banned
GreatStupidPastry said:
I don't understand. You said liberators require enigma to be effective, the reason why people use enigma MAINLY is for teleport. Fort does not have this skill. So how is this the same thing?
they are various reasons to use enigma:

the teleport
the +str on enigma (so u can put those into vitality)
the +skill
and the frw

fort and enigma cost about the same. (enigma cost slightly more) And if u see the liberator guide, using enigma is more effect than using fort. Fort only provide the ed, fcr, and some res. The use of enigma on liberator is cuz of tele, but the +skill and str. U can already one-hit kill most casters by using charge without fort, therefore enigma is a better choice.

for liberator, u want to increase the hammer dmg instead of charge dmg. If u can already dish out 12~16k charge dmg, there is no point to increase further dmg cuz then it just overkilled. It's not like u will use charge against zealot or barbs or some other melees, u will most likely be using hammer.

Using enigma means higher hammer dmg and higher life, and u dont need 125fcr to make ur hammer to be effective. 75fcr can already kill anyone. The only reason for hammerdin to achieve 125fcr is for faster tele.

I have one so i know the difference between hammerdin and liberator, and trust me, it costs more to make a good liberator than a good hammerdin. Using liberator, u also need to find a good charger weapon, which already cost more than hoto. And on the charms part, liberator needs pcombat gcs or max/ar/life charms to get a decent hammer/charge dmg, while hammerdin u can just stick with pure vita scs (20lifer) and u can achieve high life and 10~11k hammer dmg.

If u check out the original guide then he will say that using enigma will be better than using fort, fort just isnt a choice imo. Beside, why not use charge + tele, that's simply owned.

yelopen

Diabloii.Net Member
Go sorcs! I have a fireballer and a light sorc both are pretty good.
But my friend seems to dominate everyone with blizz sorcs they step out of town, blizz, opponent dead :thumbsup:

mdkkns

Diabloii.Net Member
What I was trying to say was that Enigma's really great for a hammerdin. Of cos, it's not a must. But it'll be useful against opponets with enigma (seems like the rest of the world). Useful if you're trapped in a bone prison and the list goes on. PvP will still be great without. But then a hammerdin lacks range as compared with a caster.

Liberators are really fun, cos I built one too :) but the AR is something to think about. I believe the original thread was about cheap and fun PvP? Fort and enigma's not exactly cheap. What would a Lib use? Grief? Death? Not very cheap either. But if there are cheap alternatives to Libs. Please tell me what equipment and I could try it out.

MauJ

Diabloii.Net Member
GreatStupidPastry said:
Bigrob is right. A good liberator does require enigma. But not for the tele. It saves you a lot of str points for more vita. And most importantly life and 45% FR/W +skills.

calibansfury

Diabloii.Net Member
MauJ said:
You obviously have never dueled a good hammerdin. The top hammerdins on any realm not a single competent one uses tele. In fact I challenge any teleporting hammerdin to stand up to my liberator. Charge/Desynch hammers.

If you know how to use a good Charge/Hammer, then that is probably the easiest and best way to go. You could get by pretty cheap with good +skills.

A good 200% fcr sorc can actually get pretty expensive. The +2 20% circlet, and the ammy are harder than you'd think to get ahold of. That's a few hr's right there.
Maybe I haven't. My point was that it was suggested that hammerdins be used for rushing as well as pvp, and my response was that they're good for rushing if they have an enigma (and the point of the thread is a cheap pvper, and a multi-ist item does not = cheap). I was additionally saying that without an enigma, you'll probably stand in the field spamming hammers. If there's no enigma, then you'll probably be a) running towards someone (barbs love this) or running away from someone (sorcs, zons and necros love this), and you'll be tossing hammers, setting essentially a floating minefield for some hapless joker to run into. Maybe I haven't played a good hammerdin, but the varieties I've run into are tele-spammers, or defensive spammers, who run, spam, run somewhere else, spam, etc, etc....

You show me a hammerdin who will a) charge my BvC or b) run up to me and start tossing hammers, and I'll probably show you a very dead hammerdin.

Hammerdins, more than any other character, seem like the ultimate stalemate character. Without tele, I haven't seen one that can effectively aggress on you, and unless you want to kamikazee into a field of hammers, there's not much reason to attack them, and between the two=stalemate.

If you know a good non-teleporting hammerdin you want to direct me to, who isn't going spam a cloud of hammers and wait for me to run into them, let me know.

calibansfury
uswest ladder

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
Trapper

Helm:peasant Crown/Tarn Helm
Armour:Vipermagi
Weapon: +Traps Claw/Wizpike/Suicide Branch
Shield: None or Lidless/Mosers
Belt: Any
Glove: Magefist/IAS Gloves
Boot: Resist Boots