Chat reply command?

fahartle

Diabloii.Net Member
Chat reply command?

Hello all! I'm doing a bit more trading these days, and I find it pretty time consuming to keep typing the /w *longaccountnamefilledwithtoughtoreadcharacters everytime I just want to ask someone if they're online or trading. Is there a faster way? Thanks!

harpoeth

Diabloii.Net Member
you can use:
"/r" instead of "/w *longaccountnamefilledwithtoughtoreadcharacters".

This will reply to the last message you receieved.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
For some reason, /r doesn't work while you are in a game. You always have to type /w *randomsequenceofhandtoreadletterslike_iililililliliilililllli ... What's worse, cut and paste as well as editing provious lines with the arrow keys doesn't work in a game either.

I normally leave the game and enter the void channel when a more lengthy whispered discussion is expected. The bad thing is, I forget details about the account name in 10% of all cases, so when the other one stops sending me messages, the diescussion stops before it started :rolleyes:

MrSeconds

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh god I have been beating my head on the wall trying to figure out WHY!??! I can't reply to people in games.
I am typographically challenged and typing a string of %$#@!12345?!!? for every reply was driving me to fits.
Thank you for this thread and clearing up the fact that it is Blizzard and not me that has a problem(well more problems than me anyways :wink3: ).

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
if your trading with people on the forum, send them pm's with game info to do the trade

harpoeth

Diabloii.Net Member
For some reason, /r doesn't work while you are in a game. You always have to type /w *randomsequenceofhandtoreadletterslike_iililililliliilililllli ... What's worse, cut and paste as well as editing provious lines with the arrow keys doesn't work in a game either.
OK, I didn't know about the /r command not working in a game.

Sorry, for the misleading reply :undecided:

Anumati

Diabloii.Net Member
you can add them to your friends list, then either /f them or you can message specific people on your frients list using their list # instead of their name, I forget the command for that one but you can look it up.