Charsi bug?

ghoppa12

Banned
Charsi bug?

I was using a new char on B.Net USEast and just finished the Horadric Malus quest. I equipped the Malus and walked towards Charsi. Then I walked away and she followed me! She followed me across the whole town. Sorry,
I didnt get a screenshot. But I thought those guys had boundries on where they could walk. Can anyone tell me whats going on? :scratch:

Voldemort

Diabloii.Net Member
ghoppa12 said:
I was using a new char on B.Net USEast and just finished the Horadric Malus quest. I equipped the Malus and walked towards Charsi. Then I walked away and she followed me! She followed me across the whole town. Sorry,
I didnt get a screenshot. But I thought those guys had boundries on where they could walk. Can anyone tell me whats going on? :scratch:
I think she is deeply in love with you!! Seriously though I have never saw that happen

ghoppa12

Banned
Hoyunah said:
wow i would have loved to see that man, you shoulda taken screenshot of it!!!
I know sorry some pop-up from the internet came up and when I came back the server crashed. Oh well :grrr:

Schwhat

Diabloii.Net Member
It's no biggie, NPCs in my knowledge (in act 1 at least) they will follow you if they have something to talk to you about. At least the ones that are known to walk around or have animation for walking around.

It's easy to test out, Warren follows you around half of the town. So does the rogue leader Kaysha when they have an exclamation point over their heads. But they usually have a boxed area where they stop following you. Really persistent they are.

goneil

Diabloii.Net Member
Ive seen Akara in the blood moore once in a dueling game. She was standing by the Den of Evil and it wouldnt let me talk to her. The game was full and she was out there when i joined. Somebody said something about a merc follow hack, but i dunno how she got there. I shoulda taken a screenie, mayby my friend got one who was in the game with me. Ill ask him and post it if he has one.

A_S_G

Diabloii.Net Member
I just tested this on West Ladder, in Hell. . .I equiped the malus and she yoinked it from me.

~A_S_G

ghoppa12

Banned
A_S_G said:
I just tested this on West Ladder, in Hell. . .I equiped the malus and she yoinked it from me.

~A_S_G
Did u talk 2 her? Cause when I did it, I just walked next 2 her and then walked away and then she started following me

This amuses me. Making npc's move out of time in single player require some significant changes in the npc behaviour and although it's not difficult to do, when editing the npc.txt it clearly indicates the npc's have their place.. they should not be able to move around like that, and I find it very hard to believe someone was using a hack at any point making them behave like this, as it would require the "hacker" to actually interfer with the server configuration.

diabloXslayer

Diabloii.Net Member
not so much a bug.. but a hack maybe

apparently there is a hack that can make npcs follow you.. just look at these screenshots i took of cain , charsi and akara outside in a house with us!

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

well.. look at this way at least akara is getting out a bit.

ZuX-VaSco

Diabloii.Net Member
diabloXslayer said:
apparently there is a hack that can make npcs follow you.. just look at these screenshots i took of cain , charsi and akara outside in a house with us!

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

well.. look at this way at least akara is getting out a bit.

LOL.. I think the picture has been manipulated.. It shouldn't be hard to do.. i know a guy who put a girls face on a naked body.. if he hasn't told me that he did it i wouldn't have seen it.. So.. i don't think it's a hack..