Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Charms, facets, runewords - oh my!

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by SeaBiscuit, Apr 13, 2005.

1. SeaBiscuit

SeaBiscuit IncGamers Member

Charms, facets, runewords - oh my!

Hey everyone,

Been lurking here for awhile and finally have a few questions for you all. I played a lot of classic Diablo and a bit after the expansion came out, I believe around v1.08. I dusted off my old copy and have been playing a lot recently before settling back into my old favorites (assassin and sorceress). Just a few questions about some of the new changes and how they pertain to sorceresses. Thanks!

First, charms. Do the '+ 1-3 points damage/(element)' add anything to our spells or just to damage caused by melee/ranged attacks?

Second, I have yet to find a facet (since my current sorceress is only level 23 in act III) but I have seen some people mention how good they are. Facets are jewels, right? It seems like the majority of their effects go off when you die or level up? Is that really that useful? I`m not quite sure how people are using these...

Third, runewords. I find a lot of contradictions between what runewords can be used where. I have an older computer so I only play single-player because lag is too much of an issue. Now if I take a runeword like, Spirit, can I use that in single-player or what?

That`s it for now. Thanks for taking the time to read through this. ;) Any light you can shed here would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

SeaBiscuit

2. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

Nope, charms like those does not add to your spell damage. Those only apply to non-spell attacks.

Facets are unique jewels. The main purpose is your increase your elemental spell damage and lower your opponent's resistance to it. The dying and leveling up part of the facets are just for fun, it's not especially helpful. They are pretty hard to find, I wouldn't count on finding one unless you try hard enough.

As for the runewords, some of the runewords only work on realm, other only on ladder, etc. etc. check Arreat Summit for more information, they tell you which ones could be created in certain types and what cannot. Arreat Summit

3. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Welcome Seabiscuit :thumbsup: , come on down to the single player forum and write up an intro if you like.

As for runewords single players can make everything from Ancient's Pledge to Stone, every runeword below that is online ladder only, so you cannot make Spirit.

4. TBrundel

TBrundel IncGamers Member

Die and level up charges

Hi,

A quote on your question about facets and your question about why the damage done when you're dying is so important...

It's to kill your enemy when he/she kills you. This is especially used during pvp. Thats why Die facets are more sought after then leveling up ones...

grz, TB

5. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

Well, he is playing single player, and even if it was for PvP, if the facet was what killed, I wouldn't consider it a kill.

6. TBrundel

TBrundel IncGamers Member

Hi,

It was only to explain why die - facets are more valuable then level-up facets. The rest is up to the person who uses them...

Grz, TB