Charms and rolling

Dark Matter

Diabloii.Net Member
Charms and rolling

If memory serves, charms Ilvl 50+ are worth saving to re-roll (that when the big ones can get +1 skill tree I think).

However, I am not too sure as to which I should save for twinking and which to put in the reroll this stash.

Iron Grand Charm of Balance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 14
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0xf019cec3
+43 to Attack Rating
12% Faster Hit Recovery

Keep or re-roll ?

FrostBurn

Diabloii.Net Member
Keep.

You'll come across zillions of GC's, and all will be ilvl 50 and greater from NM Act 3 Great Marsh onwards.

And yes, there are better FHR GC's than that one, but the ~40 AR boost with it makes it slightly more useful, and it is worth keeping for the interim until you find better ones.

Edit: These are the ilvls you are wanting for + to life:
Life: +(5-10) Life, ilvl 1
Life: +(11-15) Life, ilvl 9
Life: +(16-20) Life, ilvl 19

Sustenance: +(21-25) Life, ilvl 31
Sustenance: +(26-30) Life, ilvl 45
Sustenance: +(31-35) Life, ilvl 61

Vita: +(36-40) Life, ilvl 77
Vita: +(41-45) Life, ilvl 91

Ilvl 50 GC's can spawn as a skiller. If you re-roll just ilvl 50 GC's, then the best +life you'll get is +26-30. If you re-roll GC's from the Hell WSK (ilvl 85), then it'll go as high as +36-40. And then there are Baal GC's.

nex

Diabloii.Net Member
Ashmer Amadeus said:
Doesn't Iron mod go up to 130ish? If so I'd reroll it. If I'm wrong (and that happens a lot) then keep it.
That's Steel prefix you are talking about.

I would reroll that, not much use for it in PvM and too low ar for PvP anyway.

Tasdaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Personally, I would use it to re-roll or wait for better GCs to drop to get better mods on... On an untwinked character at level 14 it isn't really worthwhile anyway IMO

Suiling

Banned
Frostburn, you mean that GC from ell Baal, especially Vita GC are the best and easiest GC to roll for skillers is it?

nex

Diabloii.Net Member
Suiling said:
Frostburn, you mean that GC from ell Baal, especially Vita GC are the best and easiest GC to roll for skillers is it?
No, the easiest charm to roll skiller is charm with ilvl 50. But, to get the best possible skiller (with 40+ life) you need charm from hell Baal, Diablo or Nihlathak.

salvo

Diabloii.Net Member
It have a nice suffix, if you can use then keep it as you'll encounter a lot of GC real soon with any area run. You can refer the charm guide for detailed info.

Suiling

Banned
nex, thanks for the info! Was hoping a thread or topic like this to pop up. Is it any ilvl 50 charm or must with the suffix of adding vitality or life one?

nex

Diabloii.Net Member
Suiling said:
nex, thanks for the info! Was hoping a thread or topic like this to pop up. Is it any ilvl 50 charm or must with the suffix of adding vitality or life one?
Any ilvl 50 charm can turn into skiller, suffix is irrelevant since it gets rerolled anyway.

Tasdaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Any GC with an ILVL greater than 50 can spawn a skiller... ILVL 99 charms can spawn a skiller with the VITA affix, which are the most sought after skiller charms. That is why Baal GC are so valuable. Hope that helps

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
Tasdaz said:
Any GC with an ILVL greater than 50 can spawn a skiller... ILVL 99 charms can spawn a skiller with the VITA affix, which are the most sought after skiller charms. That is why Baal GC are so valuable. Hope that helps
I thought:
ilevel 50+ = skill plus under 30 life
ilevel 61+ = skill plus 31-35 life
ilevel 77+ = skill plus 36-40 life
ilevel 91+ = skill plus 41-45 life (IE Baal ilvel 99, Nith ilevel 95, Diablo ilevel 94)

Is this correct? Many thanks.

Darkflight

Diabloii.Net Member
Thyiad said:
I thought:
ilevel 50+ = skill plus under 30 life
ilevel 61+ = skill plus 31-35 life
ilevel 77+ = skill plus 36-40 life
ilevel 91+ = skill plus 41-45 life (IE Baal ilvel 99, Nith ilevel 95, Diablo ilevel 94)

Is this correct? Many thanks.
Pretty sure thats correct.

Delreich

Diabloii.Net Member
Tasdaz said:
Doesn't Baal give the best chance of the highest Vita +life suffix?
As long as the ilvl is at least 91, the charm will have a chance of getting up to +45 life.
Other than that, ilvl doesn't matter at all, so GCs from Baal, Diablo and Nihla are all equal.