Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Charms and Kicker

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by nephalim, Jan 31, 2004.

1. nephalim

nephalim IncGamers Member

Charms and Kicker

I remember back in 1.09, some high level elemental charms could get pretty decent dmg on them. I've checked this site and the arreat for an up to date list of charm prefixes and suffixes but have not found anything to confirm this. (I remember the charms section of both sites never being fully up to date) Anyone know where i could find a list of charm affixes as they appear in game?

Also, the elemental dmg from any source doesn't seem to resigeter on the character display (when kicking). When I tested though the damage seems to be applied.
    Can this be confirmed?

It seems to me that, with enough charms, Dtalon could benefit nicely.

Thoughts?

2. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

the dmg is applied.

Im not sure about ele charms though, ive never used them.the dmg on talon is really low, so 3 max scs wouldnt add much, so I guess thats logical that you would want to use elemental scs.
    but I have no idea what the max dmg on them are.

3. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Small charms can spawn up to quite some nice elemental dmg. 2-99 light dmg is possible on a sc. But these are really really rare. Never ever seen 1. :) 28-42 fire sc's = max on sc. Again , very very rare. Cold dmg can spawn up to 15-29 dmg.

Alittle more realistic sc's are sc's around 1-40 light dmg , 15-25 fire dmg sc's. Cold dmg isn't really worth getting. :)

4. nephalim

nephalim IncGamers Member

Well provided you could find them, those charms could help a Taloner out quite a bit.

To take it to the extreme and calculate damage based on 40 in your inventory plus items like griffon eye and crescent moon, Facets and ormus robes. You could get some insane dmg/sec. (provided I didn't screw up the formula)

Basically, assuming you could a) get 40 2-99 lit scs and b) get items to imporve your lit dmg to 200% total dmg, you could get something like 8000 lit dmg per kick. Across 5 kicks, thats 40000 lit dmg in 15 frames or 48000 lit dmg/per second on top of your 7000-10000 dmg physical per second. Thats nice.

Now that is completely improbable and someone with a better understanding of how this game calculates things can probably find a flaw in it. but it does make one think.

5. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

The only flaw there is the 2-99 sc's. :) They're extremely rare to find. Only baal or nihlathak sc's can spawn with such high elemental dmg.