Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

charm rolling question

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by nebularat, Sep 14, 2006.

1. nebularat

nebularat IncGamers Member

charm rolling question

hi there

i know a baal charm is best to roll skillers but wot will happen if i use a crappy skiller can i reroll it to get a better skiller.

any feed back to be great many thx..

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Yes and No. You wouldn't be able to get the same amount of +life as a Baal GC (unless of course that crappy skiller was from a Baal GC anyway), but you would be able to at least re-roll any skiller into a +1 skill, +30 life GC. Depending on the ilvl of the GC, you could go higher.

Also, you could of course always re-roll a +1 curse GC into a +1 P Combat GC.

3. nebularat

thx for that ive just been reading about ilvl where can i find a list of ilvl monsters as ball dont drop very offten:rolleyes:

thx again.....

4. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

The ilvl of an item is equal to the monsters mlvl that dropped it, as you probably know. The affix level (ie, what prefixes and suffixes that item can get) is subsequently determined by the items ilvl and qlvl. To keep this post brief, the only thing you need to know is that for GC's it's simple enough to just remember that ilvl = alvl. That said, it's almost important to know that this rule doesn't apply to all items (infact, there's only really a few that it does apply to).

For the monsters mlvl, check out d2data.net for monsters on normal difficulty. If it's NM and Hell though, then the mlvl of normal monsters is determined by the area level that they spawn in. Therefore, you'll need to instead reference http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=551#Area Levels. Champion creatures are the same as normal unique creatures, except they get a +2 bonus to their mlvl, instead of +3.

Act bosses use their own mlvl, and can be grabbed from d2data.net. Unique monsters follow the same rule as normal monsters, except the get +3 to their mlvl. So a unique flayer in normal difficulty would have an mlvl of it's normal version +3. On the other hand, a unique ghoul that spawns in nightmare would have an mlvl of the area level +3.

Superunique's are a little harder, unless you have access to monstats.txt (which I believe comes with ATMA anyway). If the superunique is flagged as a boss, then it'll use it's natural mlvl + 3, and therefore you can check d2data.net (though note that d2data.net doesn't factor in the +3 bonus). If it's not flagged as a boss, then it'll be the area level + 3. An example of a superunique that is flagged as a boss is Nith, and an example of one that isn't flagged as a boss is pindleskin.

5. nebularat

ok thx m8 ..
    just to clear this up i just checked that site and i got a gc from nithlak tonight arreat sumit say he lvl 95 but d2data.net say's he lvl92
    and now im confused lol.
    sry to be a pain in the rectom.. :rolleyes:

6. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

D2data is incorrect. The mlvl's listed on D2data are ones taken directly from the data files, but are not a 100% reflection of what really happens. Because Nith is marked as a boss, he does indeed have a base mlvl of 92, but being a superunique he also gets a +3 bonus to his mlvl, resulting in an mlvl of 95.

Edit:
    Nonsense :wink3:

7. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

Yes, this is true. However there is also an advantage.
    The chance to re-roll another skiller with the crappy skiller is higher than that of the Baal GC, because the high ilvl of the Baal GC all magical GC pre and suffixes are available thus making your chances of +skills smaller

8. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Correct, though the difference is very small. Note that the amount of suffixes available to the GC aren't important. It's the amount of prefixes that matter, and once the ilvl of the thing is 50 (enough for a skiller) there's only 4 prefixes left that are higher, which account for a frequency count of 16 out of the total 292.

So, for an ilvl 50 GC, the odds of any skiller prefix spawing would be 21/276, as compared to 21/292 for an ilvl 99 GC, which isn't that much of a diffence, since both work out to be around 1:13 chance. This, of course, assumes that a prefix selection is successfully chosen for the GC, which in itself is a 50/50 chance, so in reality it's around a 1:26 chance for re-rolling a skiller with an ilvl 50 GC, and a 1:27 chance for re-rolling a skiller with an ilvl 90 GC.

9. nebularat

im not sure about this plz clear it up for me, i have found crappy skillers in cow runs and from just killing groups of monsters are these skillers no good for rolling or are they still ok to reroll as im not sure of the ilvl of the charm
    many thx again :wink3:

10. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

If the GC is already a skiller, then it's capable of being re-rolled in another skiller no problem. In this case, the only real difference is how much extra +life you want as the suffix, which is why you would want to know the ilvl of the item.

It's not bad to re-roll a skiller into another skiller, even one with an ilvl of 50 (the lowest possible ilvl that a GC must have to be able to spawn with a +1 skill tab prefix), as you can also get up to +30 life on that GC as well. The thing is, if you want more than +30 life as a suffix, you'd need a higher ilvl GC.

11. nebularat

thx orphan this has helped alot...

thx :thumbsup:

12. nebularat

hi back again any way of finding out the ilvl of a gc droped from countess in hell..
    or if it would roll a skiller...

thx

13. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Every single charm dropped (by monsters, ofc) in hell can roll into skillers. Ofcourse, no guarantee that it will roll into a skiller

14. Baynson

Baynson IncGamers Member

I've noticed in many threads the ilvl reference, I would like to know how to expose the ilvl and the id# of the item. I followed a mf challenge not to long ago and ilvl and id were included in the description of the item that was found.

15. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

On battle.net, the only way to really know the ilvl of the item is to know exactly what monster it dropped from, or what character purchased it (though for gambling, you can never really be sure). The game doesn't actually display the ilvl of the item, and without the use of third party programs you will not be able to visually see it. Also, on battle.net you will never be able to see the ID of the item, without the use of a third party program.

For single player, the same rules apply except that the third party program that you can use to view this information is ATMA, which is accepted on these forums. If you open a character in ATMA, you can view the item's information through there.

Third party programs for battle.net are not accepted on these forums however.

Edit: was the MF challenge you mentioned in the single player forum?

16. Baynson

Baynson IncGamers Member

Orphan, Thanks, I was thinking that myself about the third party programs. I guess its not all that critical to know this info. In the contest it just seemed to be a way to validate there finds. I don't remember were I was following this game from. I subscribed to the tread and when it was over canceled. There were like 4 or 5 teams of 2 - 5 people running various areas of the game to see witch teams would do the best, with prizes for the winners. Looked like fun to me. I enjoy MFing the most about the game myself. seems to bring the most satisfation.

17. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Most likely single player, and a thread from the single player forums. Check out the atma/flavie thread, single players (yours truly included) love to use those two programs to stash items, mule, use drop calculator and generate those fancy web reports of what uniques/sets you have/don't.