Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Charm Rerolling

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by broncofan, May 26, 2005.

1. broncofan

broncofan IncGamers Member

Charm Rerolling

To all you re-rolling addicts out there maybe you can help me with this. How does charm re-rolling work? What can you get? What charms should you re-roll? Teach me cause I want to learn.

2. SDK

SDK IncGamers Member

I only reroll Baal/level85 GCs, although i remember telling a friend to go ahead and reroll that gc he found in the pits and after a slight pause he comes back and says "12 times, nothing". :lol: I couldn't help it, that had me laughing my head off.
    I don't know the math involved, but as far as i know it's just a random thing and depends on where you found it (area lv). That decides its "potentiality" (knew that philosophy would come in handy someday), that is, it can reroll with mods on it as high as allowed by where it was found. Sot the higher lv the better. :scratch: (just slowly back away, smilling and waving, smiling and waving).

O.K. i took a shot at it, hope i didn't confuse you even more. There are people on the forum far better at explaining this kind of thing.

3. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

As for the rolling itself, you can put a magical item and 3 perfect gems in the cube (types don't matter, as long as they're perfect it's ok) and transmute, you get the same base item with the same level, but with different mods on it

I don't know all the precise numbers but here are some rough estimations:

if you want to go for plain skillers (or with low life), use grand charms you find in nightmare flayer jungle and great marsh (best chance)

most people reroll baal grand charms to get skillers with high life, it's also always nice to roll 3/1x/1x small charms or insane damage sc's (471 poison damage is max I think) or 20life/5to all res or 20life/17mana

all these things are worth a lot, so you get the picture

you could roll magical weapons/shields/amulets/etc to get 'godly' mods (EG cruel collosus blade of evisceration OR jeweler's monarch of deflection OR an amulet with 100 life and +3 to certain skills)
    but everything you can gamble with your char, gold is cheaper than pgems (make sure you have a good gheeds when doing this)

In general, you can roll almost everything, but only what can't be gambled is rolled: charms (mostly grand and small, not large) and jewels

4. broncofan

so what should be the level on the charm if I want to reroll it.

5. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Any grand charm found in hell is ok to get a skiller, although I generally use only lvl 85+ charms --- no real reason for that, though, just bad habit.

6. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

As said before, and you refuse to tell us, what kind of charm do you want?

The higher the level of the charm (baal being highest), the greater the range of possibilities. If you flip a coin and call heads, you have a 50% chance winning. If you play roulette and bet on double zero, you have a one in 38 chance of winning. Grand charms found in Act 3 nightmare should reroll as skillers faster than a grand charm dropped by baal, but won't be godly. Grand charms dropped by hell baal have a chance of being godly, but may take MANY MANY rolls to get that godly charm because ALL options are open to it, even the 6 poison damage over 3 seconds mod.

7. broncofan

Sorry I am looking for skiller charms mostly. have all the resistance I need so not worried about those.

8. SirDooFuss

No worries!

Go for the Act 3 Nightmare grand charms. They'll be your best bet.

Good luck!

9. SirLardsAlot

SirLardsAlot IncGamers Member

I know it's a stupid question, but, how do you re-roll?

10. Dawnmaster

The question itself isn't stupid, but asking it again when I already gave the answer... :rolleyes:

(read above)

11. SirLardsAlot

SirLardsAlot IncGamers Member

Right, sorry. :eek:

And thanks :)

12. broncofan

So on average how many rolls does it take you guys to roll a decent skiller

13. SDK

SDK IncGamers Member

Sorry to be vague, but i don't think there is any "on average". As i wrote above, i have a friend who rerolled a lv85 gc 12 times in a row without anything good turning up :mad: (him) :lol: (me). Maybe that advice about rerolling nm act3 gcs is worth trying out (if you're just going for plain skillers). Like with glove crafting, you don't want too high an ilv when rerolling (if you just want a plain skiller). That way you can avoid useless stuff like a lv 69, 6to poison damage, 20 to life gc (im just making that up, but i have seen high lv req, useless garbage like that).

14. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

12 rolls is still considered on the low side.

I went through a recent dry patch that blew at least 100 pgems without any result. Thats about 30 rolls....

Then I rolled a warcry 22 lifer and a pnb skiller within 30 gems.... and then the next GC I picked up was another pnb skiller.

15. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

i save up 600 pgems (about 7 mules totally full) and ill go to work on 10 GCs that i pick up in baal runs. i can ususally get 6-8 on a normal luck day, but once i got all 10 with about 1 mule left.

my average range is, 14-20 rolls for a skiller of ilvl 85+ charms.

16. SirDooFuss

Craziest charm I have is a 1 to max damage small charm with a LEVEL 73:)lol: ) requirement! Found it long ago (don't remember where) and still have it on a mule.

17. moonsinger

moonsinger IncGamers Member

Oh... so you could reroll the GC with a mule lv 1 ?

18. Dawnmaster

Correct, character level has no influence whatsoever, neither does difficulty, only the level of the item itself.

19. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Only those in late nm act 3 can become skillers, so better don't start to reroll one from the jungles ;) IIRC those from Travincal on can be used for that.

20. Dawnmaster

Actually (nightmare) Spider Cavern, Great Marsh and Flayer Jungle have the exact level for skillers. Anything higher than Flayer Jungle (eg Travincal) can get the skiller mod, but can get more other mods. (for the record, the first area you can enter is cow level, but that level is equal to act5 areas iirc)