Charm level for boss drops?

fahartle

Diabloii.Net Member
Charm level for boss drops?

Can anyone point me to the calculators for figuring out the charm level for those that drop from end Act boss monsters (i.e. Andy, Duriel, Meph, Diablo, Baal?). Do they all drop charms capable of the really nice mods above and beyond the common lvl 85 mfing areas, or is is just Diablo and Baal? Thanks!

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
ILvl = MLvl. There are no treasure classes for mods, so this is all that matters.

Mephisto is lvl 87 (IIRC), Duriel and Andariel are below that. So whatever they can drop can also be found in alvl 85 areas (plus more, as there are things that these can't drop).

DjSlayer

Diabloii.Net Member
fahartle said:
Can anyone point me to the calculators for figuring out the charm level for those that drop from end Act boss monsters (i.e. Andy, Duriel, Meph, Diablo, Baal?). Do they all drop charms capable of the really nice mods above and beyond the common lvl 85 mfing areas, or is is just Diablo and Baal? Thanks!
There are three boss monsters that can dropp charms with the highest affixes: Diablo, Baal, and Nihlathak. You don't need an calculator or any thing to remember those.

- D.J.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Diablo SCs can't have two of the highest elemental damage affixes IIRC, but I'm not sure which. Anyway, if you need maxdmg or allres SCs etc. with nice additional affixes, any SC from hell mode can have these mods, so it's not worth cubing them at all IMO, but looking for them in hell mode. You will probably find more SCs than 3 sets of 3 flawless gems.

BFD

Diabloii.Net Member
Thrugg posted this in another thread and I found it useful
Thrugg said:
High item level "Breakpoints" for charm mods:

75: Bloody GC, Shocking LC
76: Hibernal LC
77: GC of Vita (36-40), Toxic SC
78: Smoking SC
79: Arcing SC
80: Boreal SC
81: LC of Vita (31-35)
90: Jagged SC
91: GC of Vita (41-45)
92: SC of Craftsmanship
94: Pestilent SC, Flaming SC
95: Shocking SC, Hibernal SC

Note big jump between 81 and 90, no doubt entirely intentional.
For act boss levels in hell:
Andariel - 75
Duriel - **
Mephisto - 87
Diablo - 94
Baal - 99

So the two elemental prefixes that only Baal and Nihlathak (mlvl 95) can drop are the highest damaging lightning and cold small charms.

*wow, I never realized Duriel had a higher mlvl than Mephisto in hell.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
krischan said:
Diablo SCs can't have two of the highest elemental damage affixes IIRC, but I'm not sure which.
These are the two:

Thrugg said:
95: Shocking SC, Hibernal SC
Edit: Hmm, I should have read all of BFD's posting, it's already mentioned there :rolleyes:

dang79

Diabloii.Net Member
The AS says Nihlathak is lvl 92 and Diablo is lvl 94

What the right Mlvls for these superunique bosses?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
dang79 said:
The AS says Nihlathak is lvl 92 and Diablo is lvl 94

What the right Mlvls for these superunique bosses?
AFAIK AS is correct here, but I know RTB just waits for me writing things which aren't accurate :)

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Question: What about Pindleskin? Doesn't HE have the highest mlvl in the game? I was pretty sure I read that somewehre.

This may be a noob question, but whatever...lol

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Pindleskin is a L86 monster who can drop from any treasure class. All bosses and champions in the L85 areas, Meph, Diablo, Baal and a couple of superuniques in act 4-5 have a higher level, although not all of them can drop from any treasure class.

dang79

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
AFAIK AS is correct here, but I know RTB just waits for me writing things which aren't accurate :)

If this is correct why are Nihlathak charms seemingly more sought after than diablo?