Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Charlie Br... I mean.. Grief question

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by chenw, Aug 27, 2010.

1. chenw

chenw IncGamers Member

Charlie Br... I mean.. Grief question

I have seen people making Grief in a Beserker Axe instead of a Phase blade, why?

The only thing I have seen that zerker axe is better than a PB is the range. The speed is far inferior and the damage difference is very small (30 points of difference on a weapon that does nearly 400 or more).

Does zeal care that much for range in melee?

2. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

Re: Charlie Br... I mean.. Grief question

its a pvp thing. u need the range there

3. Jake the Quinceeater

Jake the Quinceeater IncGamers Member

The main use of Grief in a Berzerker Axe is for a Barbarian with points in Axe Mastery rather than Sword Mastery.

Axe Mastery is often chosen over Sword Mastery essentially because Beast cannot be made in a Sword.

4. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Which brings us around explaining that sometimes beast in OH > grief in OH

5. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

Well on a ww barb its very important to have range because you get more hits out of your ww. As for your question about zeal then go with pb.

6. Meanstreak

Meanstreak IncGamers Member

Not to mention that there are still some gentlemen here who enjoy the style aspect of the game versus pure numbers and carnage.

I personally hate hte way the phase blade looks on any character unless they are wearing complimenting armor/helm/shield. I know grief isn't the best option for the build, but at one time I had a Blade Fury sin and I was trying to give her a non-claw weapon. At the time, the best thing I could make was a Grief. Since BF's speed is locked at 6fps (iirc) and its an independant ranged attack, neither of the aforementioned factors apply to me.

As such, an Assassin clad in a dark grey giant skull, a black up'd Moser's and black armor looks TERRIBLE with a big blue protrusion coming out of her right hand, but looks sexy as balls while weilding a 'zerker.

7. Meanstreak

Meanstreak IncGamers Member

Not to mention that there are still some gentlemen here who enjoy the style aspect of the game versus pure numbers and carnage.

I personally hate hte way the phase blade looks on any character unless they are wearing complimenting armor/helm/shield. I know grief isn't the best option for the build, but at one time I had a Blade Fury sin and I was trying to give her a non-claw weapon. At the time, the best thing I could make was a Grief. Since BF's speed is locked at 6fps (iirc) and its an independent ranged attack, neither of the aforementioned factors apply to me.

As such, an Assassin clad in a dark gray giant skull, a black up'd Moser's and black armor looks TERRIBLE with a big blue protrusion coming out of her right hand, but looks sexy as balls while wielding a 'zerker.