Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Charger's main aura?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Squix, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Squix

Squix IncGamers Member

Charger's main aura?

For a (mainly pvp) 2-handed Chargeadin, what would you consider to be the best choice for his main aura?

Charge: 20
    Vigor: 20
    Might:20
    BA: 20
    MAIN AURA: 20

pvm 1-point wonders...
    salvation: 1
    redemption: 1
    vengeance: 1

Choices on main aura:
    Fanaticism: High %dam added and ~150% more AR is nice.
    Holy Freeze: enemies move 50% slower! probably really nice for leveling too.
    Conviction: -90% enemy defence! Could not max BA with this and put more into defiance. (is this effect cut down in pvp, or any other limitations/downsides on this skill???)

And btw, we're talking BotD 2-handers here... either eth Thunder Maul or eth War Pike.

2. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

imo fana > all the others

3. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

charge with vigor and use a range 3 weapon, u will get there faster and hit more, but if u need ar/dmg vs barbs other pallys then fana

4. Squix

Squix IncGamers Member

And using Vigor over holy freeze because HF only makes you faster vs non-teleporters, while vigor speeds you up vs everyone...?

And with max BA and fanat, you'll have enough AR to hit most the time without making the -90%def from conviction worthwhile...? Keep in mind this is a very low dex build since there's no blocking to pump.

5. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

fanatism IMO, it adds damage, AR and ias, what the heck do u want more??

robin

6. Squix

Squix IncGamers Member

Well the IAS is useless for a charger, and unless I'm mistaken, -90%defence would improve your chance to hit more than +150%AR. The damage is the big attractor though...

7. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

I doubt how long can this no-block pally survive in pvp. Any WW barb with a BotD can kill him in one WW pass.

8. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

imo every pally no matter what the build should have max block, this can be done easy with low dex using whitstans guard and 1 point in HS. not sure of the dex but i am sure some 1 knows

ias for charger is range of a weapon and vigor, but i have only did a bit of testing with charge in 1.1, its very buggy and often the bugs cost u a match, but very powerful however

9. Squix

Squix IncGamers Member

Thunder Maul is range 3 and the War Pike is range 5. For pvp I'm guessing you want the higher range, whereas for pvm I already know you want the lowest possible when dealing with packs of guys.

Charge bugs are terribly annoying yes, but I know how to deal with and usually prevent the lockup one. The "no charge" bug, has happened a few times, and I still haven't figured out where it comes from... I can definitely see both of those being match losing issues however.

10. davidoff

davidoff IncGamers Member

I belief the Freeze Bug comes when u Charge and switch Skills(pressing it) while still charging. So to avoid this you'd have to wait till ur charge is finished.