Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Charger equipment issues.

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by LordPaul, Oct 27, 2006.

1. LordPaul

LordPaul IncGamers Member

Charger equipment issues.

Hello people, I’m having a lot of doubts about the precise gear my Full Charger Palladin should use. I definitely aim for 1 hit KOs so the most important thing of all should be damage and AR.

Currently, Iron_Wrath is at lvl 89 and uses the following:

Weapon:
    Medium Grief PB (and for fun an EBOTD warpike with above 1300 mx dmg)
    Armor
    COH Mainly for resists and +skills
    Gloves
    Draculs (But I REALLY want to get Steelrends)
    Helm
    Andys (But I REALLY want to get COA)
    Ammy
    Metalgrid / Angelic
    Rings
    Dual Ravens / Angelic + Ravens
    Belt
    Thundergods (too many trappers, light sorcs and FOHERs out there) / string of ears.
    Boots
    Gore riders (mainly for Crushing blow)

anni
    Torch

Switch:
    5 BO HOTO and Spirit.

Shield…. Well this is the main question. ¿What should I use?. I have an Uped, ber socketed HoZ and it works wonders. However, I switch to a stormshield with Dmg reduction witch works better on WWbarbs or other melee builds when I’m forced to smite.

So the thing is… ¿what about almanegra? That shield is not very popular but seems to me it has sexy stats, specially AR and Damage. If I ever got COA and can “ber it up†I’ll no longer be in so bad need for dmg reduction and resists from the other shields….What do you guys think?

Another issue is crushing blow. That's why I want Steelrends, but is it worth it using that set helm (i dont remember the name) just for a little more CB chance?

One last thing… Charms. I’m not rich enough to go for combatskillers, but ¿should a charger get life sc or AR and/or damage charms?

thanx a lot 4 ur time

2. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli IncGamers Member

Ok... the stuff you really want to get is stupid... ok COA might be nice, but a good Ber'd Rockstopper beats it on a low Str Charger (which yours should be unless you decide to use upped HOZ).
    Swap the Dracs for Bloodfists, the Dracs offer NOTHING to your build (yey... Open wounds on a 2k PvP damage hit...).

Swap your Metal Grid for a Highlords. Deadly Strike is your friend. The rest looks pretty good, but you could probably use a Verdungos instead of the String of Ears. Take the HoZ all the time, use non-upped if you go low strength, upped if you aim for COA. DR should be ok, as should resists, so maybe keep both an Um'd HoZ and a Ber'd one (Ber Rockstopper + CoH + Verdungos Ber Hoz= 49DR).

For your charms, AR/max Charms are about 8 times better than Combats. Combats do next to nothing for you.

Oh, and compared to your insane damage, Crushing Blow is useless in PvP.

Laz