Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Charger-din

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Mirrislegend, May 21, 2008.

1. Mirrislegend

Mirrislegend IncGamers Member

Charger-din

Maxed Charge has higher +%damage and +%ar than Sacrifice, and much higher than Zeal. Charge also has better synergies than either of the other skills. Also, I find that knockback, with Charge, provides sufficient stun to allow for the next attack, thus putting Charge also on top of Smite, for me. So how to make a charge-din? I'm assuming he'd have to be pvp to be honestly impressive. But how would I level such a character?

2. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan IncGamers Member

Re: Charger-din

if u wanna make a pvp charger, than see the Fun? LLD thread. LLD chargers are one of the best LLD pvp'ers.

LLD thread link:

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=636022
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    if u wanna make a pvm charger, it looks better "on paper" than in practice. but it is still usuable. just understand that it takes "positioning practice" (controling monsters placement/movement/position) with monsters and its a 1 hit 1 monster, so its not a crowd killer, making it awfully slow to kill hoards of monsters. of course its great against single targets that can be knocked back. i'm not sure how good it is against bosses as u can't knock them back for "charge stun kill".

charge really isnt made for pvm, but it can be done with frustration and a lot of patience and skill with lots of practice:p

3. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

I havent made one, but the ones Ive seen usually were:
    20 charge
    20 might
    20 fanaticism (main aura)

They were mostly 1handed, using incredibly imbalanced battle hammers (very high damage, 40ias) thus the players put some points into holy shield. Please note, however, that these palladins died to barbs easily.

Gear would be high damage 1h weapon or high dmg mauls (at least from what Ive seen).
    The rest would probably be resists/fhr/cannot be frozen gear, perhaps even with a so called lame-shield (120 resists) - due to increased block thanks to the holy shield (if they even needed the block. They die vs the barbs anyway.. at least on my realm, where the barbs have really imbalanced gear too..).

As for the additional points, perhaps the resits auras - but you should calculate if you get enough stacked resists to actually benefit from it. Alternative would be that aura which gives hidden AR bonus perhaps.

As for gear, you should test if you need angelics or not vs sorcs (I think you dont), it would be resists/min dmg/stat rings; +2 res/stat amulet; either that green unique armor or some rare with FHR/res/life; a death's belt (for cannot be frozen); some frw boots with res (actually not sure if a charger even needs frw); some fhr/res cap etc.

As you see I havent given the exact details (as I dont have such a character), but you can proably just figure it on your own

4. barty

barty IncGamers Member

a hi lvl vit charger, cheap and easy. setup for res/ pk sor zon off the top of my head ud probly need:max charge+syns and max salv. full irathas, hawkmail/resists leech rings or angelic ammy and 2 rings for ar, 30 frw/ res boots,3perfect diamond shield + bhammer, bonesnap 40% cb, 30 cr 30 fr.
    a more expensive setup would work better, but i wont list dream mods for an anti-caster charger.
    try to lvl chargers in parties. cows are good for 20-25, nmcows 25-60, cs 60+.
    u would be able to kill monsters in cs with a high dmg snap. off the top of my head.

5. Razputin

Razputin IncGamers Member

Agreed, works a charm. With the correct equipment you can kill any sorc except very decent blizz sorcs. Zons don't stand much of a chance either. Necros its fifty fifty, if they toy with you because of your low level you can crush them, but once they get the message and prison/slow you and fill the air with spirits you have probably had it. Other paladins are iffy depending on build. WW barbs are nightmares.

Having said that with practice you can kill most WW barbs, just don't even consider charging straight in. You have to wait for your chance, for them to finnish their whirl charge in and get out. Repeat. Tricky to do but possible, unless they lock-chase you then you won't get near 'em.

Also with a godly 2 handed lance it would be possible to hit 2300-9000 damage per charge :wink2:

6. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

over 9000? : )

7. Razputin

Razputin IncGamers Member

Yeah, a bit but not much. Don't think it's possible to hit 9500 without combat shrines, BC and other things.

8. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

I have a lance in the low 340's and my pala is doing up to 6300 or so with might aura on. I haven't tried with fana yet, but I'm guessing it will not reach 9k.
    Min damage for my pala is 1.5k

9. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

I am surprised to see that charge-dins are not as popular as I thought.
    My first Diablo character was a charge-din (in 1.00!)

I got him through Normal and NM, but hell was a bit harder. Also I didn't know much about charge-dins and the game at that time.
    However, I recently made a charger (in LoD, tho:embarassed:) and I am very proud of him (no uber gear). In normal I was using bonesnap and I was 1-hit killing everything.

As for PvP... I only had a few friendly duels with a higher level ... tesladin... and... he didn't stand a chance really.

But from back in the day, I remember the WW barbs... the only way I managed to kill them was max Thorns. I could never really land a hit on them, however I was using some 1-hand mace, which has really low range. For dueling under lvl 30... I think chargers are very hard to beat!

I guess if you were to use a pike and charge from the side so that you hit without getting hit by WW (provided he has some short weapons)? I'm not sure and I can't test as I don't have the char.

Also, may I recommend Max Vigor instead of Might if running fanaticism as main aura? The bonuses are the same, but a high level vigor helps at any level anywhere in the acts.

10. barty

barty IncGamers Member

for low lvl dueling, lvl 29 bonespear necs own chargers, some fballers are good,hacking-cheating- skanky-fc zonz can beat chargers, and the low lvl hammerdin can be gg with charge lag or what ever they do to lag people... if u wanna see him hes pretty good, i beat 95% of people, have killed some good players, cant beat mini-new[clag hdin],
    ive beat shiloh[charge/zeal], theyrreal[bowzon], id have to check the ears of the gg lld's ive faced other than those guys, there have been a few, ive got about 4-6 ears i got that i kept as tokens of gg duels... o yah sculpens nec is crazy good... props for his build . oh , and might/vigor are the synergies for charge so all out charger has maxed both, then use fana for more dmg / ar / ias . :p

11. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

You might be right about those builds. Personally I have "issues" with hdins, so I'd only duel them with a build that WILL kill them.

I haven't duel much, and most of my duels were melee vs melee. However I was thinking that charge is very fast with lvl 20 Vigor on, so maybe you can "dodge" the spears and fireballs... idk, never tried it myself.

As for FC-zons, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.. if it's hack/glitch/not to be discussed here... but what the hell is far cast?:scratchhead:

12. Applekid

Applekid IncGamers Member

I actually just made a 39 charge/zeal hybrid with a sexy 122, 20ias rune sword and some very nice rare 2-h's, and I was sorely disappointed to find out that-- Charge damage isn't affected by Fanaticism. You're better off maxing strictly charge, might and vigor and having a gg weapon. Btw, WarlockCC, you said you had a 340 lance? Did you mean 240? Or is 340 actually attainable in Classic D2?

Oh and Barty, who is your charger?
    Btw you can't relish in the fact that you beat "TheyreReal." LLD Bowzons don't stand a chance against most chargers, or zealers, or smiters, or just about any other decent melee build apart from bowzons and n00bs.

And I think charge should start with -__% damage, similar to WW. Both skills are overpowered imho.

13. HegemonKhan

i'm pretty sure around 340 rare lance is attainible.

looking at a rare lance's max range of damage:

1. lance: ~110 max damage

2. 2 enhance damage mods: 200% (perfect)

110+(2*110)=330 damage (perfect)

3. +20 max damage mod (perfect)

330+20=350 max damage (perfect) ???

4. +any elem damage

350 + (whatever elem damage) = over 350 damage rare lance
    (perfect + elem damage mods)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    i'm not warlock though:p

and warlock can correct whatever i got wrong with it.

14. Lorg

Lorg IncGamers Member

Many lances that reach that high dmg.
    Max is 114 *3 +20 = 362

Here is the picture of the lance i used earlier in this ladder...

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/336/screenshot019dv8.jpg

15. HegemonKhan

how do u get the 300% (*3) damage??

i thought u can only get 200% from the two enhanced damage mods (forgot their names, kings and ? )

oh...just looked at the pic hehe...it is under 200%

hmm... than i dont understand the math.

why do u take 110*3 and not 110+(110*2) ??

OMG, haha....110*3 is the same as 110+(110*2) ...either i'm blind and/or stupid...haha...lol..how embarrassing...

NEVERMIND!!! :p
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    though i think if u used the 186% than u'd have to use my equation:

110+(110*1.86)+16+5= 335.6 which is not = to 342 ???

hmm, i think my equation does NOT work. u got the right equation unless lance max base damage is 118? i was using 110. so maybe i'm right..

ach...i jsut noticed u posted its base damage of 114...oh well....i'm too tired now.

err hopefully the edit doesnt run out. i did the calc with 114.

if u use your equation:

(114*1.86)+16+5= ~200 through 250

your equation is off. u got to do mine:

114+(114*1.86)+16+5=347 (-5 cold damage=342)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  16. Lorg

Lorg IncGamers Member

Hmm...

200 ed means 200 %, ergo the base dmg is always there.

therefore my lance goes like 114 * 2.86 + 16 = 342.04 ~ 342

Btw, Lance dmg is 27-114 not 110 ^^

Edit: Just that u know the dmg on display does not count the elemental dmg its only physical... BOth are the same thing mate anyway ^^

114 times 1.86 + 114 +16 is the same as 114 * 2.86 +16 ~ 342

17. HegemonKhan

i edited my post so u might need to refresh

hmm we both using/doing the same equation. i just not used to how u set up your numbers. But its the same thing. i split my base damage and multiplier different than u but we both doing the same thing and get same answer.

18. Lorg

Lorg IncGamers Member

Yep.

Pretty nice that we both right :)

19. HegemonKhan

ya but it took me forever.... :p

i'm a bit absent-minded and VERY "rusty" at math (its been like 7 years since i took math classes in school and doing math) and thats really bad when you trying to do math:p

at least i learned something from my attempt at game's math equations:

elem damage is NOT included on the character screen :p

though u posted that nearly right after...but i learned it from my 15 mins of trying to figure out the equation, so it didnt go to complete waste trying to figure out what i was doing wrong with the equation, even if it was only seconds after u posted that info :p

20. barty

barty IncGamers Member

charger is called [lvl 27]B-smack ready to go ^^, also have a pretty good lvl 17 zealer[overzealous] ready for some scrappin.
    Oh! that zon used auto tp and chant the whole time and seemed like some kind of scroll lock , or far shoot lol,so,
    i relish when i dessimate hackers :), anykind of them, especially with legit chars :).
    yeah , apple i think charge is way over powered as well, lol. thousands of dmg at low lvls is kinda goofy imo, aint hating, just stating.