Charger Build Please

jakotaco

Diabloii.Net Member
Charger is definetely pvp but they suffers a couple of weaknesses even there.

They are not very hard to build either, go for what feels good :smiley: due to charges inherently big edmg you can actually kill things even with cheap items such as Insight or Hellslayer. For most versatility a charge/smite build using Grief+Shield will be great for many situations.

2h Chargers
+huge dmg
-no block
-might get "stuck" if charge misses

Grief using Charge/Smite
+block chance
+uninteruptable backup attack vs melee
-needs more lvl and rws

Basic skills
max Charge (...)
max Vigor (synergy)
max Might (synergy)

Optional Skills
max Holy Shield (a must if 1h shield)
max Fanaticism (best dmg aura, nuff said)

Other options
Salvation (resists, why not?)
Blessed Aim (gives passive ar)

Which aura to use?
This is up to you, Fanaticism or Blessed Aim vs high defence chars. If smiting Fantacism.
Vigor is a lovely skill to charge with can also be used to desynch (I'm no good at it, but it's supposed to involve many quick short charges) The pure speed is often enough to convince yourself of using it at times... Zoom...
Salvation if you needs to stack resists.

eq?

Don't ask me... depends on your budget, if using 1h shield a grief is a must. Else make sure to get nice life resists and ar...

Do I have any idea of what I'm talking about?
Umm... I have made two 2-hand chargers, neither very succesful. I have often seen smite-chargers and know they're good. But I'm to be considered pvp-noob, hopefully you'll get some better response soon.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
i want to know a good charger build pvp perferably but pvm is fine 2
Pinned at the top of this forum is Everything You Need To Know About Charging in PvM.

Not a whole lot on PvP, but a ton of information on what skills work well with Charge, why they work well with Charge, the difference between range 1 and range 5 weapons, the difference between 1-handed or 2-handed weapons, what sort of mods work well with Charge, a bunch of weapon suggestions (mostly incredibly effective yet still affordable weapons), Mercenaries, bugs, tactics, suggestions on party play... and, oh yeah, 8 different recommended Charger builds, depending on what, exactly, floats your boat.

jakotaco

Diabloii.Net Member
Pinned at the top of this forum is Everything You Need To Know About Charging in PvM.

Not a whole lot on PvP, but a ton of information on what skills work well with Charge, why they work well with Charge, the difference between range 1 and range 5 weapons, the difference between 1-handed or 2-handed weapons, what sort of mods work well with Charge, a bunch of weapon suggestions (mostly incredibly effective yet still affordable weapons), Mercenaries, bugs, tactics, suggestions on party play... and, oh yeah, 8 different recommended Charger builds, depending on what, exactly, floats your boat.
You never cease to surprise me... wow, good job SSoG! How long does it take to write a guide like that?

HeavAngel

Paladin Moderator
i want to know a good charger build pvp perferably but pvm is fine 2
Hello, This is my standard welcome to the forum.
Info below worth reading.

Welcome to the forum
Here's the Forum Rules <<----- :rolleyes:
Here's the Guide Thread

Here's another link. The Arreat Summit

REQUESED BY MEMBERS-->>Up on top there is a very handy search tool. :thumbsup:
Type in what you're looking for and most likely you find a lot of threads on the subject.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
You never cease to surprise me... wow, good job SSoG! How long does it take to write a guide like that?
Depends on the guide. For a simple build guide, such as my Abbott Paladin, I can usually get the guide all researched and done within a couple of weeks. Researching, of course, includes making several variants and getting them through hell using various levels of gear.

The Charge guide was a lot broader, since I was trying to literally cover all (pvm) aspects of a very complex skill. It took about a month to get the first draft up and running, and then I spent most of the next month updating it. The nice thing about good forums, though, is that the guides are never really done- people keep adding suggestions, or asking questions I forgot to address (or never even thought of).