Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Charged Boltress with Orb as a backup

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Flayed One, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Flayed One

Flayed One IncGamers Member

Charged Boltress with Orb as a backup

Hi.
    I want to make a charged boltress with frozen orb as a backup skill and I'd like to hear your oppinions on this build.Here are my thoughts:

Skills:
    Charged Bolt - 20
    Lightning - 20
    Lightning Mastery - 20
    Teleport - 1
    Warmth - 1
    Frozen Orb - 20
    Cold Mastery - 5
    pre reqs - 6

Gear:
    Chains of Honor
    Griffons Eye
    Arachnid Mesh
    Lidless Wall
    Eschutas Temper
    2xSoj
    Rare +2 skills/10% fcr/res ammy
    Frostburn
    Boots whatever I feel like :p

That sums up to 12 +skills and 115% fcr

What would you change?
    I forgot to mention that I'd like to try to go max block route, and if it proves to statpoint-wasting I might swap Frostburns to Magefist and Lidless Wall for a Stormshield.

2. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

First of all - if you don't have the ammy yet, with that setup, don't worry about it so much. 105% fcr will give the exact same speed as 115%, and your amulet will be cheaper. :thumbsup:

Second... really, it comes down to your play style. Personally, I'd say go with the stormsheild and max block - Lidless WILL require an absolutely massive amount of dex... I know I did the math at one point, think it worked out to well in excess of 200 for 75 block at level 75. Personally, I'd go stormsheild/magefists... you do lose a small amount of max mana, but when you've got sojs and warmth you're going to be fine. And I can't imagine that losing the one +skills is going to hurt you all that bad.

Sounds like a fun build, though... I imagine once you're finished with the skills you have layed out there, you'll work on cold mastery? Let me know how it works out, I've been playing with this idea for a while myself.

3. Flayed One

Flayed One IncGamers Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I already have the amulet. Fortunatly I gambled for it, so it wasn't too expansive ;).
    You maybe right about the stormshield. I decide about it while playing. If I decide to swap shields about lvl50 I won't be wasting dex I hope (I would need it later for max block anyway).
    I thought about cold mastery, but decided to put only as many points as needed to get 17lvl with +skills so I might put 1 more point into it if I decide to go for a stormshield. I think I will pump frostbolt(orb's synergy)after I finish this layout.
    I play mostly hardcore SP at 8 players(I know I'm a masochist :p)so if she won't be good enough she will die:p. I'm always questing with my characters first( after finishing a difficulty I start mfing in it)because that's what I find to be most fun part of the game.So far she's lvl 14( :cool: ) and is very fun character to play.

4. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hmm i dun generally play sorcs but my bone/summon mf necro recently found a +3charged bolt/15 lightning skill Ormus - is that a decent armor for this build?

5. Trithalas

Trithalas IncGamers Member

hello!

I had a orb/cb sorc that worked OK. I would recommend against it for a few reasons.

its slow and does low damage in the later stages of hell, plus you have to be pretty close to things to do maximum damage.

i think orb/chain lightning would be more effective since you can cast it at a distance.

meteorb is probably your best bet for going 2 elements, the fire is pretty strong and orb is "good enough" to take out fire immunes.

if you go the lightning/orb route, you have the chance of doing low orb damage plus low lightning damage making pvm difficult.

6. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

I disagree, Charged Bolt deals a very hefty amount of damage with that kind of +skills and G.Eye. Laying out a field of death will allow for some strategic interesting tricks, plus Charged Bolt just tears through bosses.

Fire/Ice is easier with low +skills and Lightning/Cold is better with high +skills IMO.

7. garion

garion IncGamers Member

tru jek, but i think trithalas meant that for cbolt to be truly effective...you've gotta get in closer like a cs java (right up close for max dmg, i mean at 3 k perbolt and all ten bolts hitting, but inorder for that to happened you have to be right up and personal)

but if your gonna get nice gear, id say just go all lighting and pack on an infinity...that way your lit tree will be maxed/synergized...thats how i run my java so id imagine it would be similar with a lit sorc (which im working on, currently lvl 63....)...only i imagine a lit sorc will be more convinient since i can just run around with chain/lighting/cbolt and not be dependent on group size for lf/cs....

8. bergbusen

bergbusen IncGamers Member

hi....i have a fire ball, charged boltress sorc at lvl 80.
    skills are 20 fb,20 fb,5 mastery
    20 cb,20 light, 5 mastery, damage is 4,1 k fire. 270.

ist realy fun.