Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Charged Bolt vs Nova

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by chrom76, Mar 23, 2004.

1. chrom76

chrom76 IncGamers Member

Charged Bolt vs Nova

The question is for PVP, and I’m just interested in talking about these 2 skills.

Excluding total light absorb, I generally don’t have any problems killing other players, except charging paladins. Once the charging starts I can’t recover (0-fhr) and/or cast lightning fast enough (100-fcr) to kill them.
    So I was wondering: all things maxed and synergized what would be better to break their attack, CB ot NV?
    I’m not too worried about the damage, just which would be better to stun and/or force into hit recovery giving me time to cast lightning.
    I know nova is very fast and pretty much uninterruptible, but playing CB at low levels seemed like it stunned opponents w/ each bolt.

The other last solution would be to give up 15 resist, for 15fhr and 30fhr boots.
    Not sure how this plays out against the charge skill.

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

i can't comment on CB vs NV in PVP. that is just an odd question.

but it looks like you only really need FHR. if you are not classic, get fhr charms if you don't like the idea of changing gear. I can't say for sure if this will be enough because i can't recall from memory the fcr table relative to the fhr table relative the IAS table of the pally. in iether case, its worth a try.

as far as trading in res for it is concerned, against a charging pally, would you need that 15 res?

what might be a better fix is to try and not get hit, teleport really randomly and spam cb/nova (preferably cb in this case) hoping it hits him.

3. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Charged bolt can work but if your opponent has a lot of magical damage reduction (usually by accident) your attack gets completely negated. Lightning is the way to go against chargers, you're 17% faster cast off from the breakpoint.

Some things with FHR to get you started:

- Bloodfists (30)
    - Shael rune (20 in helm/armor)
    - Belt (24)
    - Skill charms (12)
    - Small charms (5)

In that order of usefulness. 117 FCR is definitely worth getting, right now you're 5 short of the teleport breakpoint which is a shame too.

If you could list your equipment + how rich you are i can help out more :)

4. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

bladebuckle is a belt with 30 fhr. its very useful.

5. chrom76

chrom76 IncGamers Member

I found the problem, it was the fhr.
    I got 2 12fhr gc and 20 fhr boots; it made a HUGE difference .
    The pallys are so close at that point they get max dmg from my light so they die in 1 hit.
    So all in all FHR seems crucial against melees.