Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Charged Bolt/FO Blocking Sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by xNamastex, Nov 7, 2006.

1. xNamastex

xNamastex IncGamers Member

Charged Bolt/FO Blocking Sorc

I'ma looking for comments and suggestions on my new sorc. Anyone ever make a Charged Bolt/FO Blocking sorc type. She won't be mf or for PVP. I'll use her for cows, key runs, rushing and Chaos runs mostly. Here is what I was thinking:

Prereqs + warmth+ cold armour + teleport + TS (1 each)
    20 Charged Bolt
    20 Lightning
    20 lightning Mastery
    20 Frozen orb
    Rest equally divided between Cold Mastery & Ice Bolt (FO synergy)

I'll go max block with a 5/5 light faceted stormshield. I decided to go block, high defense and damage reduction due to the point blank spell spammimg tactics that work well with these 2 spells.

Other equip I planned on using is:

35 Hoto (40FCR)
    25 Fortitude diamond mail (25FCR)
    Arach (20FCR)
    2xSOJ
    25 Maras
    15% Nightwing (5/5 light facet)
    Magefists (20FCR)
    Treks
    15/15Torch & 15/15Anni
    5 plain light skillers

FCR = 105
    +skills = 19

Merc: NM holy freeze with infinity scythe/voulge, eth 8LL vamp gaze and eth diamond mail Fortitude

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

2. xNamastex

Well I guess not a popular build. Hopefully not fruitless. So far at lvl 48 I am rocking through Nightmare (up to Act 2 arcane so far) with limited gear (Tarnhelm, Vipermagi, Rare Orb, 2PDiamond Moser's, Manald, SOJ, blue resist ammy, Magefist, Nats boots and a bunch of mana and FHR charms). Hard skills so far: all skill prereqs. + Charged Bolt at 20, Lightning at 12, FO at 5 or 6. FCR currently at 70%. I am just going through the quests one at a time to get feel for this build.

I decided to go for the Defiance merc vs Holy Freeze. I will reevaluate sometime in Hell.

Still hoping for comments if anyone has any.

Thanks

3. xNamastex

Well I am at lvl 76 and Hell is going really fast (up to Act 3 start so far) with better gear (Shako, Fort, HOTO, SS, Dwarf Star, SOJ, Tals Ammy, Magefist, Treks and a bunch of mana and FHR charms). Hard skills so far: all skill prereqs. + Charged Bolt at 20, Lightning at 20, FO at 20, LM at 12, CM at 4. FCR currently at 85%.

Defiance merc is working nicely with Eth Insight GPA, Vamp Gaze and Eth Fort.

I can't wait to see what happens when I make my Infinity.

Still hoping for comments if anyone has any.

Thanks

4. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Keep in mind that very few cold immunes can be broken, so, on the cold side of things at least, your Merc's Conviction will usually be redundant with your own Cold Mastery. Either give him something other than 'Infinity' (not recommended due to benefits to lightning damage) or leave Cold Mastery with just one point.
    ??????????????????

This gear choice doesn't make any sense to me. Use Vipermagi or a CB Ormus if you absolutely need the FCR; use CoH or Enigma otherwise.
    This doesn't make sense either. You're investing 60 points in the lightning tree and you've got lightning facets everywhere, yet you plan to wear Nightwing's? You look like a lightning-based Sorc with a cold backup, so use Griffon dammit! If you're hard up for a cold dmg boost, I think you'd be better off using Fathom instead of HotO.

5. mr hamster

mr hamster IncGamers Member

Yea, what he said before, get an upped vipermagi, griffs, and fathom...that way you will end up having 110% FCR, hitting the 105 breakpoint while keeping the same amount of + skills, but also getting the bonus damage from griffs and fathom (and a perfect one will be 2x the best veil)

6. xNamastex

Cold Mastery comment - Good point. That helps.

Great suggestions. I will experiment and assess balance of killing speed with survivability. Upped Viper + Fathom + Griffs looks like an interesting but expensive option I will have to try.

Thanks for the comments.