Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Chargeadin questions

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Quietus, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Chargeadin questions

So, I decided (after looking and realizing that my hammerdin has some ridiculous amount of damage with a 1-point charge) that I wanted to make a hammerdin. Probably for PVP. Now, I want to make this clear- I do NOT want to be godly. The *entire* reason I want to do is simply because I want to have a small chance of running screaming at my enemy, hitting them with a big bloody hammer, and watching them fall over.

With that said! I would like to ask for some advice. I've already got Might maxed, going to work on charge/vigor/fanat. I want the maximum damage with that one hit. I am going to use a large, two handed hammer. I hear warpikes are more effective damage-wise... screw them. I do not want to poke, I want to SMASH. lol. I'm currently thinking about whether to use a botd ogre maul or thunder maul.... In order to decide, I need to know the ias breakpoints for a 0-base 2hander and a 10-base 2hander with charge. I assume it uses the normal attack animation, but I wanted to confirm this. Based on how easily I can reach the ias bp's, I'll make my decision. If I can get a higher bp with ogre maul I'll go with that, which would be nice since I already have an eth one, but if not a thundermaul has much higher average damage.

Also... I was planning on putting my spare points (I should finish this build around 75-79, can't remember which) into blessed aim for the passive AR bonus. Any other suggestions? I will be using angelic combo as my ammy and one ring, proly a second ring for melee. I was figuring going with this setup for gear, altering for IAS if needed.

Veil of steel/ shako (I will explain later the shako)
    enigma
    botd hammer
    angelic combo + raven/2nd angelic
    dungo's
    gore riders (Might actually go war travs... that 15-25 damage would get very noticeable with 1500% charge and 450% fanat)
    Dracul's grasp gloves

No sheild, because I'm using a two handed weapon

As for the shako... I was thinking that I could wear shako, my low unused hoto and lidless on switch. Carry those around, and when I go to duel in pubs people will check my gear with maphack, figure they're facing hammerdin, and fight based on that wrong knowledge... and then get smacked in the face, lol!

I'm sure that I'm missing something here. I'll be tearing apart my ww barb to make this char, he's wearing most the gear I'm going to use (Only thing is hte botd that I'll have to make) because I am VERY disappointed with the barb. I expected a hell of a lot more... and cookie cutter builds have never really amused me pvp.

So. Any advice for someone who is going on pure fun?

2. Tastychiken_europe

Tastychiken_europe IncGamers Member

1. It's called CRUSADER
    2. Botd Eth Warpikes have much more dmg then other weapon types.
    3. Hammers are slow and look ugly, Onehander is better.
    4. As said above and Use a shield or atleast have a switch with whitstans guard "eld" so u have some block against other chargers.
    5. If your max dmg go nosferatus (or if it isnt nosferatus get the belt with + dmg) and get those wartravs.
    6. try getting Deadly strike inte your build + some Ow.

Thats all from me

for fun just make up a build with charge a light sabre can kill..

3. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

As I mentioned. I am fully aware of the fact that botd warpikes are more damage, and that sheilds are generally seen as a necessity. HOWEVER! As I also mentioned. I am going to use a two handed hammer, for the sheer joy of smacking people in the face. This is not an option. I am using either Ogre Maul or Thunder Maul, because anything else is going to take away the fun of this build for me.

I've considered how to go about geting deadly strike + ow ..... I don't think ow is actually going to be all that helpful, considering. ow is more of a "Hit as many times as you can to make'em bleed" sort of thing, while DS would simply double the damage I'm dishing out. Always nice. Gore riders would provide DS, and I could even use Guilleaime's face, and highlord's, which would give me around 65% DS. However, that would also remove my angelic combo... In which case I might just use 2x ravens for the AR. We'll see how that works out.

I wasn't aware that there was a belt that added damage - I'll have to look into that. The DR on dungo simply isn't going to help me, because this guy is a glass cannon, really. Well, more a glass bomb. Either they die in one shot (hopefully!) or I do.

4. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

If they are standing still with 75%blocking and 50%DR. It will be hard to 1 hit KO. I've made a similar charger using Ebotd warpike and it just didn't work out.

5. Rane-

Rane- IncGamers Member

If you really want to use a 2h maul then EBotD Thunder Maul is the way to go. There are no IAS bp's for Charge, everything attacks at the same speed.

Also Razortail is the belt with +damage ;) (you guys obviously don't play rangers :p)

If you are set in stone about doing a glass crusader then off the top of my head I'd do something like this;

20 Charge
    20 Might
    20 Vigor
    20 Fanat
    20 BAim

Guilleames (40%ED Jewel)
    Highlords
    EBotD TMaul
    Fort
    2xRF
    IK Gloves
    Razortail
    Gores

Also don't get any vitality just make a titan (pump the shiat out of str)

6. Tastychiken_europe

Tastychiken_europe IncGamers Member

Hey rane dont make me sad Loooky looky at my post! :)
    (or if it isnt nosferatus get the belt with + dmg)

c i played rangers to a stormranger ;).

7. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Ehehe... titan.. I like that. He'd die like mad with no res and no life in hell, but damn would that be massively fun.

I probably will go with the guilleaime's face... i wish there were a belt with DS on it, though. Hrm. Well. I guess if I focus on DS, then my best option would be highlords + Guilleaime's face + gore riders, for around 60-65% ds. Or I could go with war travs and angelic combo, which is the more likely combination... and figure out something drastic to do with the helm. Guilleaime's face is good, and veil of steel would be fun simply because of the resists (might help slightly in PvM, and I am sure I'll have the strength). I like the look of hammer/dusk (my nigma)/great-winged-spired helm though. Look like some sort of crazy smash-faced minotaur. :D How fitting.

8. let's have a look

let's have a look IncGamers Member

Enter the IK Charger:

If all you want to do is run around "whacking" stuff, then got with IK set. Equip the whole set except hat. Use -req jools with mods in the armour and weapon so you don't need to waste a silly amount of strength. My guy uses delirum hat for pvm and coa for pvp.

Inventory full for max charms and your ready to Whack.

9. Sszark

Sszark IncGamers Member

How does a warpike have much better damage?

33 to 178 very slow =WarPike
    vs
    33 to 180 slow =Thunder Maul

And isn't the thunder maul one of three weaons that recieves a 10% bonus from strength?