Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Chargeadin Problem

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Knightmare, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Knightmare

Knightmare IncGamers Member

Chargeadin Problem

My brother is having a major headache over his Chargeadin (lvl 48). He says he's doing fine in PVM but ever since he dueled me (my lvl 45 Werewolf Druid), he's been wondering why he couldn't beat me and could beat the lvl 66 Assassin (a couple of times) that came in our dueling game. He tried using weapons from Ribcracker, Zakarum Hand, and Spire of Honor and still couldn't beat me even if I tried with my average effort.

He said that his charge damage was about 5000 (with Spire) and 2000 (with Atlantean) something while my Fury is only 1000 something (no more than 1020 I believe). He asked what my defense was and I said it was only about 560 and said that he had 1600. I have about 680 life with oak sage and he has 423. His Charge attack rating is at least 3000 and my fury is at least 3000 as well.

He's asking why he can't kill me when his damage is way above my Fury damage. His dilemma is whether he should use two hand weapons or one hand weapons if he wants to be pure charge paladin (for mostly PVP purposes). He's asking if attack rating will really effect his pure Charge pally and if he should build Dex. or not. He wants to know what the relative stats a pure Charge pally should have. He really wants to know what to do to continue his build on his Pure Charge build (what skills to max and add, what stats to build and stack).

I've suggested that he should get more HP, attack rating (dex), and use zealot just for close attacks so that he wouldn't have to depend on one major impact of a charge that varies in damage while the opponent (like my druid) can counterattack with a fast move like Fury. :xbeard:

2. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Well, he's still rather low in the levels isnt he? Charge's synergies aren't even maxed yet. Aura's too.

A werewolf at that level on the other hand, probabaly has near maxed fury.

3. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

A few pointers:

Melee fighter in PvP without a shield = already dead

Stats:

Strenght: enough to the end-game gear.

Dexterity: for max blocking with holy shield on.

Vitality: obviously the rest.

Energy: none.

2x angelic rings and ammy = MASSIVE AR bonus. Always use it against high defence opponents.

Use Smite as a backup attack, not zeal.

4. MsgBoardHobo

MsgBoardHobo Member

Thats a n00bish philosophy. Any tweaked out charger can hold his own against some run of the mill shielded paladin.

5. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

Just my experience. I've dueled quite a few people without a shield, mostly using ww/charge, and I can honestly say they're pretty much already dead.

6. Knightmare

O, speaking of end-game gears, what gears (other than runewords) are fitting for a chargeadin? Especially weapon and armor.

7. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

If a charge-din chooses a 2-hand weapon, he must have insane defence to avoid being hit. Even so, that may only work for slow attacking opponents. When the opponent uses fast consecutive attack (jab, fury, WW etc), the 2-hander can only hope the intial charge gets a one-hit KO. Otherwise, the charger would be very very dead.

8. Knightmare

What attack rating should his chargeadin have and what defense should he have at lvl 70s?

9. Squix

Squix IncGamers Member

Don't know about defence levels, but for AR, 15k+ would be desireable. Runeword weapons with -25% target defence would be useful as well.