Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Charge vs Sac

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Strider_pt, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Strider_pt

Strider_pt IncGamers Member

Charge vs Sac

What would be better? Charge, with synergies maxed (vigor and might), at lvl 20 add 1375% damage to attack while sacrifice, with synergies maxed (fanaticism and redemption), only adds 865%. The drawback to charge is that you have to be outside melee range and the drawback to sacrifice is the 8% loss of life after each blow. I can't tell which would be better. Also, concerning each, which offensive aura would you max out? (pretty much between concentration and fanaticism)

2. cky

cky IncGamers Member

personally i would perfer charge over sacrifice if its ur primary dueling skill, because ll has proven to be quite a problem these days on the 1.1 patch. so you will often run into problems not leeching enough life back.

3. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Not really. You do not lose life if you Sac does not hit. When it does, you only suffer 16 life loss for every 100 your enemy loses (assuming he has 50%DR).

As for the aura, obviously fana for sacrifice and might for charge. When you max either one with synergies, you would have spent 60+ points already. For the remaining 30+ points, I think 20 holy shield and rest into smite is better than max concentration.

4. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Why use might for charge? Fana adds more dmg and gives ar.

5. Shadoway

Well, fanatism takes 20 more points. If you go with might, you can also have a high damage smite.

6. fonis toastes

fonis toastes Banned

How do you figure? If they have 50% dr, you'd take 4 damage then. Or 8 if the dmg is done back before reduction.

The reason people get more leech for nm and hell is that leech is reduced there, not that damage is increased...

7. Raven-Hood

Raven-Hood IncGamers Member

This is blatently wrong. You do loose life if sac misses, my martyr did. I am not sure how 8% of 100 = 16, but whatever. When monsters have over 4000 hp only losing 16 life for every 100 is alot.

For sacrifice, I agree that fanat makes sense... its a synergy.

For charge, I have no idea why you would use might, sure you can have a high damage smite, but be honest with yourself, are you going to use smite that much that having it was worth the weaker charge. I suggest using fanat or concentration.

As far as pvp goes, charge seems like a better attack. Pvm... sacrifice is always fun, and definately easier to use.

Raven-Hood

8. Shadoway

Well, I just got a little confused. Yeah, it is 8% no matter what DR your pvp opponent have. And it is 4% if you have full DR.

I was actually responding to the second thread. Thus I suggested the might/smite combo and state that 8% is not a lot in pvp.