Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Charge skill bug and some pvp questions

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Sebbie, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Sebbie

Sebbie IncGamers Member

Charge skill bug and some pvp questions

I have restarted playing Diablo a month ago and since I lost my expension disk I decided to just play classic.

What is cool about classic is that you don't need the ubber gear to get around. Casters can pretty much get around about naked. So I basicly did mf with a orb/fireball sorceress and now I got what I need to start building what I concider the fun class the melee ones. I still need a bonesnap though. And why is The humongous considered crap for ww? It got alot of crushing blow and ok damage on it. The range maybe?

So to get to the point now I am toying with my pet class the paladin and ran to that silly 1.09 bug while charging. Where you charge get hit and well that's it you are frozen solid! In expension I used to hit the W key to get around this. When it happened to me in classic I had to go to inventory and unequipped and re-equipped my weapon to fix it! I don't use it anymore. There has to be a way around this no? I know that this question has probably been adressed so sorry to bring it up again. Because charging in duel helps sometime...

Also about high level PVP from what I have gathered so far is it all one shot kills like getting hit by one blessed hammer or bone spirit and that's it or is there room for the good old melee character? I am bringing up a smiter on that manner (65 str, rest to vitality, fanat + smite + holy shield + defiance).

Thanks for the pointers. Wo, that was a long text!

2. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

Basically there is only one way to fix the bug and that's the way you said it, to switch your weapons so its a bad thing that we don't get weapon switch on classic. However that doesn't mean you should stop using charge, because it is a very usefull skill. The other hand, yes mele builds are viable but usually need a vast amount of wealth to compete, yet, the WW barbs are able to compete without to much funding. Also bow zons are viable, so look into our guide section to find out more. Also the smiter won't be very succesfull...not enough damage to make it worth while... a caster should be able to kill and a WW barb would eat it alive