Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

charge pally question and guide?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by SoulTaker, Mar 16, 2004.

1. SoulTaker

SoulTaker IncGamers Member

charge pally question and guide?

where can i find a charge guide? can someone link me possibly?
    i didnt see one in the stickies, correct me if im mistaken tho,

does concentraion give more dmg to charge or do synergies?

im looking to make a pvp (more or so mageslayer)charge pally, and was wondering if its as simple as it looks, charge,synergies,concentraion, some holy shield, hmmm
    and wut to do with leftover pnts?

ty for ne advice,

2. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

Top of page under Palladin Guides

you will find one called Liberator.

Made by me.. it should help.

Or go to stragety compendium its there too.

3. SoulTaker

that see to be more of a hybrid,hammers/charge, i was sorta looking for full charge, im guessing that guide doesnt exist...;(

i guess ill just dump pnts in and hope i get it right, nice guide you wrote tho, just not wut im looking for...
    neone who has made a charge pally, ne advice or tips skill wise?
    ty for ne advice

4. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

I made one before. It used charge and smite. I didn't like it though. 12k damage is all nice, but charge just doesn't hit enough even with 25k ar. I might be able to help you out though if you want to make one, but then you should post more specific questions.

5. SoulTaker

yey of coarse, im really wondering these of the top of my head, for pvp,

how to get the most dmg the fastest, pumping up charg,synergies, or concantration?

and wut should i do when im dueling, charge is good yey but,wut do i do after i charge? run back 2 steps then charge agian? that doesnt seem like it would work,or is it simply possible to charge charge charge in a row?

im debating on a wepeon also, i asked my friend he said doombringer would be good, cuz its dmg and speed, is that all im rlly looking for? i dunt build melee charecters hardly ever, this is my third, so some wep chooses would be great..

and of coarse, how can i get charge to hit ALOT then? i wanna do the dmg kill kill kill, specifcly mages,there more fun to kill, but still have the edge possibly over the barbs..

6. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

I maxed charge and fanaticism first before touching the synergies. I don't know how to get the most damage the fastest since I don't really care about damage and such until lvl 70ish. Fanaticism is far superior to concentration since it gives ar in addition to the ed. It also gives ias which may be useful for your second attack. Charge itself doesn't need ias.

Charge can hit multiple times, but it doesn't happen everytime. Since charge in reality is kind of ranged attack, you will need an in-close attack like zeal or smite. Charge in and then decide what to do (depending on hit or not, etc). You only really have two options. Shift-charge away or zeal/smite. Charge also costs a lot of mana to use so you might want to consider putting a point into meditation or something.

Yes, charge can kill, and kill fast, but more often than not, you won't hit. Almost everybody has 75% block which gives you 25% chance to hit at the best (def not considered). Pallys and barbs tend to have high defense too, so good luck hitting them consistently. I think your best bet to kill using charge is when you're chasing someone (like a zon).

My favorite charge weapons have always been berserker axes. I don't know what type of weapons you can get hold of, but you want at least get a one-hand weapon. Try to find something with high damage, deadly strike, open wounds, etc. ias could also help if you plan to use smite or zeal as well.

7. SoulTaker

wut would be putting out more dmg? smite or zeal?

im just got off work dunt feel like thinking, but this pally doesnt seem to be as good as i thought,ill test him out on mage slayers, but it seems like neone with a max block build would own me...

8. Dementor

Dementor Banned

Skills:

20 Charge
    20 Fanat
    20 Vigor
    20 Might

But you prolly had that bit figured out yourself.

Stats; As much Str/Dex as you need for your items, the rest goes to vit. Again, prolly common sense.

Items-

Shield: A charger is not the typical meleer; he does not sit in the middle of a mob and whack things. He darts in, makes a kill, then darts back out again, mostly untouched. If played right, he will not need a sheild. Especially if you want to be a mageslayer, a shield won't do you much good, and can actually get you killed; a zon could pelt you with arrows, and your charge will be interupted to block the first one, and then the rest of them kill you.

Also, the dreaded charge bug only happens while using a shield.

Weapon: Go for a big, slow (attack speed doesnt matter) two handed weapon with as much damage as possible, and since you won't have a shield, look for one with abilities to help keep yo alive; Hellslayer for it's added HP, or Tomb Reaver for it's resists are both good options. Also, Aoric's Needle can be nice for the +3 to skills (and thus alot more damage/AR)

Don't worry about having to back up again to hit; they'll be knocked back by the charge. Just make sure you aim your charge right; it sucks to charge to a spot right next to the target, rather than at them. Don't be afraid to use charge defensivly; it's a great escape tool as well.

9. SoulTaker

a high dmg 2 handed wep huh?, hmmm, ill have that on switch for my mage slaying, then my pvp/meleepvp ill have a high dmg sword,with ss...
    i dunt like using no shield for pvm is im gonna be pumping dex up to hit for my charge neways, a little contradictory for pvm imo
    ty for the info, my pallys skills are becoming clearer~

EDIT: i forgot to ask, with chrge being pump up with synergies and a aura that 80 pnts, zeal will be lacking alot wouldnt it? this is my first pally but im sorta doubting its a one pnt wonder...plus with no scarifice synergies, is it able to improve the build, or will it just bring down charge dmg for a useless low pnt zeal attack?

10. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

I wouldn't recommend using a two-hander. Sure you can't block elemental attcks but shields like HoZ gives resistances and other useful mods. Besides, if you use a shield you can smite too...

11. SoulTaker

and back to the question of dmg,
    smite or zeal?

and literally lets think this throw, basicly i know wut kills a mage seeing as i made them all the time and this is my 3rd mageslayer,
    Speed
    physical dmg
    have high reistses
    and absorb if puby

high restences will be a lil diffuculy without a shield, i dunno,i have a ss, i dunno if i can manage a HoZ tho without being broke for a lil while...

3 anya quests 30
    um'ed shako 15
    umed up guardian angel 15+plus percent
    tear hunch 10
    dracs 0
    absorb belt/snowclash/tgods/soe...probably a 0 belt
    i cant afford maras...plus skill ammy here, no restences probably
    rings such as raven dawrf or manalds for aborb or leech,no real resists..
    thats like 70 reists...

a p dimaoned stormshiled will bump that up,a possibly a HoZ if i rlly trade and got a deal...

suggestions? or should i say opinons? zeal or smite?
    ty for advice

12. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

that's why you shouldn't max all synergies to charge. I did like this:

20 charge
    20 vigor
    20 fana
    20 holy shield

then I planned on putting the rest in smite and might but I never got that far. I also used 10 combats with life so my smite dam was decent as well.