Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Charcer Die, Merc Lived?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Feetstench, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Feetstench

Feetstench IncGamers Member

Charcer Die, Merc Lived?

I just had a charcter Die in cows while my merc was way off-screen.

Much to my surprise the Merc was still alive when I made another game to collect my body. ( Managed to lose a humonculus and Suicide Branch when I accidently picked up a great sword by accident)

Was this due to the merc being off-screen or just my irritated quick exit?

2. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Not sure, but...

If you had your merc get stuck (I mean really stuck, not treadmilling) and the only way to get him to follow you again was teleporting/portaling/waypointing to force his relocation then that may have been what happened. I could probably recreate such an instance but dying intentionally to find out... eh.

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

It happens sometimes, if you're quick to exit when you die. It have happened to me too, but only once.

4. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Not seeing how you lost the homonc and suicide Branch. You should have been able to get them back by dropping the sword and clicking on the body again. Failing that, the body should have reappeared in town the next time you started a new game.

5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Not if he died more than once.

6. League of Shadows

League of Shadows IncGamers Member

No, B.net automatically replaces the most expensive body at the start of a new game. Unless, ofcourse, you died 16 times, in which case, b.net cannot retrace your equipment.

either you died a lot... or that one sword was more expenisive than your entire set of equipment combined (gold value worth)... or maybe even a glitch

7. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

hmmmmmm quite a large number of uniques dont go for more then a few thousand gold so i assume that the sword was worth more then those uniques he had.
    i had lost all my assasin gear (had things like nat armor, 2x jades, and some other gear) lost when i accidnetly picked up a breast plate and died again, couldn't get my body back so i exitted, recreate and all the body on the ground had was the breast plate. not sure how ur theory works with that problem i had earlier....

8. Deaths Jaws

Deaths Jaws IncGamers Member

the items lost on body thing happend to me relativly early in this ladder season. lost a who hammerdin setup (luckily it was early so i didnt have the enigma/maras/uber hammerdin gear i have managed to collect since)

its very fustrating wen u loose ALL ur mf characters gear and only have a rare kraken shell to show for the run...minus all the stuff u originally had.

i found it out that way.

also the merc living thing: ive found if u exit AS SOON AS you die (ie: the ' You Have Died..lost XXXXX exp and Gold' message is up) you keep the merc. this takes timing and usually u loose the merc but oh well. sometimes u can keep your potions also...strange i know but ive had a full belt empty on me wen i entered a new game naked...12 potions just appeared at my feet wen i entered. i was shocked to say the least.

so stranger things have happened

(and for the record i dont use MH or any other hacks just if ur wondering about the belt thingy....its just a glitch or something id assume? )