Characters say the darndest things...

Paladuck

Diabloii.Net Member
Characters say the darndest things...

You know when characters enter a certain area or kill a boss they say things? (i.e., Den of Evil, sorc says "Evil beware," Pally says "I shall cleanse this land...."

I was wondering if anyone's ever compiled EVERYTHING that each character says...yes, we've all played this game ad nauseum but I bet very few of us have heard em ALL.

Uriah_Heep

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah,I am curious too.My favourite is druid entering arcane sanctuary-This is designed by nature's architect.

Starseed

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't know about ALL of them (I play with f/x at like 1/3rd volume so I can listen to music while I play) but my absolute fave. has to be the druid entering the Blood Moor. "So it begins.." I tend to say that a lot IRL so after that, I took a liking to druids. :p

shidenx

Diabloii.Net Member
Nerco-

"heh....What a waste of undead flesh..." - Complete radiment quest

Pally-

"Even the light cannot pierce through this gloom." - Reaching Outer colister
"My duty here is done." Kill andy

Soc-

"Who will expect that such primative creatures will cause so much trouble"- clawviper

Zon-
"Maybe now will the sisters trust me"- den
"Opps! did i do that?" -Shrek

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
The necromancer for sure has the coolest lines. But I also like the one by the paladin when he exits the town of Harrogath for the first time. "Baal - I'm coming for you".
I'm very sure that someone has all the lines written down on a site somewhere. What we need is an url. I'm very interested of something like that (since I never hear what the druid says - even though I turn the volume up).

Ai_Guy

Diabloii.Net Member
The necro's lines are the best. Maybe I'm partial because he's the first character I ever played with, but I just laugh every time i hear him complete the Countess quest. "Treasure Hunting? .... Treasure Finding! yeeeesssss..."

Dreamsmith

Diabloii.Net Member
Ai_Guy said:
The necro's lines are the best. Maybe I'm partial because he's the first character I ever played with, but I just laugh every time i hear him complete the Countess quest. "Treasure Hunting? .... Treasure Finding! yeeeesssss..."
Yes, the Necro gets the best line for killing the countess. Also when smashing the altar in the claw viper temple, "Pity... I was beginning to enjoy the darkness."

But another of my favorites is the Druid's comment when he first enters the cemetery (apparently he's never seen one before): "Planting the dead... how odd..."

And whoever the level designer was for the Arcane Santuary has got to get a kick out of the Paladin's comment: "Surely this is the product of a twisted mind!"

Wuhan_Clan

Diabloii.Net Member
This Arcane Sanctuary is a tribute to the artwork of M. C. Escher seen here.

You probably have seen his other works before. His most famous pieces are of structures drawn in 2D (duh), but would be impossible in 3D.

Killfrenzy

Diabloii.Net Member
Druid = Indiana Jones!

When entering the claw viper temple yesterday i hear my new fireclaw bear say "Snakes, i hate snakes"

toader

Banned
Everytime my pally goes up to Fara in Act 2 he says:

"Hey babe, wanna get LUCKY!?"

I guess its the paladin connection...such built up emotions.