Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Characters expired but there's still 15 days left

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by dragon, Jun 25, 2005.

1. dragon

dragon IncGamers Member

Characters expired but there's still 15 days left

Anyone experienced the same?

I'm no longer an active player but I've kept my accounts alive by logging on before each 90 days is up, and making sure the characters are clicked. I've been renewing this way for more than a year now and have always been ok but just now as I logged on to check, while my characters each still have 15 days to expiry, when I clicked on them, it says I have not played them for 3 months and hence have expired.

I'm puzzled.

2. bowndancer

bowndancer IncGamers Member

Same thing happened to me, lost couple accounts this way. It seems I was able to keep the toons I actually logged into games with and the ones I just selected and then exited quick didn't get their timers reset, just the visual one you see. Just my theory.

3. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

I had the same problem. Had to go to Blizzard website and there is a page for technical problems. Then find the page for expired characters and explain that they are not playable but still have some days left. They will reply with a generic e-mail and then you will have to explain the problem again. It only took two days. I got my 5% resist small charms back which were on one of the "not expired" mules.

Good luck!

4. dragon

dragon IncGamers Member

right, one or two accounts I do log into games and they are ok. But those which I just clicked and did not join game, they have this problem.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If your characters are shown as being expired when they shouldn't, the reason normally is your computer clock being wrong. Correct that (with as few programs running as possible at the time you change the clock) and try to log in with the characters in spite of it and it should work.

6. bowndancer

bowndancer IncGamers Member

Change the clock to what? Mine is accurate. Or you just saying changing it at all might help?

7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

No, I meant that your computer clock might be wrong, but if it isn't, I don't know why your characters expired...

8. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

I got hit by this before. After filling in an online form, blizzard sent me a computer generated message, telling me that my characters are restored, and the reason why your characters are "expired" is actually because the files on the blizzard server are corrupted. They're not expired, but their files are corrupted, thus it says it's expired. Ah, I dunno how to explain this..

9. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

well thats good!

once a month, i audit all my accounts (about 15) and click all my chars to the create game screen, to make sure all the mules are reset (all my mules are 2 hour burn ins, so they dont poof after 10 days). my intention is to keep them alive like t his after i quit, in case i ever want to come back again. i hope just clicking is enough, but i supposed that my audit takes long enough on a sat moring, that entering a game wont be any worse.

10. dragon

dragon IncGamers Member

I've written to them like cooked did. And sure enough, an auto reply was generated with some standard suggested 'solutions' to my problem which of course were useless. The mail then added that if the solutions didn't help, I should reply with the same information which I had already submitted via their online form. What a bother. But, anyway, I'm now just waiting for them to get back to me.

11. Drunken_Tiger

Drunken_Tiger IncGamers Member

there used to be this trick with expired characters that if you set your computer clock back a month or so, you could revive them. It worked in 1.09, but not sure about 1.10. Try it maybe? Oh and if they're say... 7months expired? be careful... you'll need to zip back 7 months, activate, then zip back say little more than 4 months, activate, then zip back a little more than 1 month and activate, then you should be fine. again, dunno if this trick works >.<

12. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

It never did. Blizzard saved the info on their servers for 3 months. What you see on your computer, based on your computer clock, is just a guide.

13. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Are you on USWEST? I had heard this was mainly a USWEST issue.

Anyway, here's the link to the form for anyone else.

Good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q u o t e:
    It will be necessary to use the submission form at the link below. If you find that you have an entire account affected by this issue you are welcome to enter the character name as 'all characters'.

http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=eD2Relink000

Please be aware that aside from this issue, an incorrect Windows date set in your system clock could produce similar results. Please check your clock and ensure the date it is set to is correct before submitting your character information.

This specific expiration issue is very easy for us to discern from normal expirations. If you character expired normally, do not submit it as an error.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14. dragon

dragon IncGamers Member

Nothing to do with my system clock. But I've checked that anyway.

Blizzard replied also asking me to check my system clock.

And went on to say that if a character has not been played for 90 days, it expired and there is no way they could restore it. It then provided me a link to fill out a web form which is precisely the one I had already filled out earlier on. Damn frustrating.

I have about 10 accounts actually. All of which I log in reguarly on the same day just to keep all the characters alive. I've done this for more than a year, systematically keeping my accounts active this way. I explained to them that when I last logged on, a few days back, all my characters in all accounts showed that they would expire in 15 days. I am able to renew the expiry on all the other accounts except for 2 accounts.