Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Character stat screen issues

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by SadisticTheory, Sep 13, 2006.

1. SadisticTheory

SadisticTheory IncGamers Member

Character stat screen issues

Well, I seem to be having a bit of a issue regarding two things. First off, I'm running Diablo 2 + LOD and its patched to V1.11b. I'm playing a lvl26 Paladin in Act 3. Now the Problems:

1.) My character stat screen Reflects a Strength of 69 but when I go to buy a piece of armor or a belt etc. from a vendor some of the items say "Required Strength 63" or a variation of that and I cannot buy it. (Or equip it if I had found a item with a simmilar strength req.)

2.) Sometimes when I equip a Ring/Amulet that has effects that add to strength/dextricity/etc. It makes the stats go down instead of up! For example I had a ring of strength (+1 to strength) that when equipped made my strength (69) decrese by to 60! Alternatively I have another ring that adds 6 to engery but when equipped my mana only goes from 28 to 33 instead of 34. I have a helmet that(Among other things) adds 3 to energy and 3 to life. The energy actually works but my life goes from 249 to 262!

So i'm hoping that someone can shed some light on these problems for me, I've googled and been through a few different forums looking for a answer and its starting to piss me off quite a bit. Thanks in advance.

2. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

Energy and mana are not the same thing, so on all characters except the barbarian your mana will go up more than 6 with a +6 to energy amulet. That is strange, though.

As for one - does your original equipment have a bonus to strength on it?

3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

It sounds like you might be confusing the number 5 with 6, which might appear similiar in the game. For example:

Using the above explanation, you actually have 59 strength, not 69. This would explain why you cannot equip items with a strength req of 63.

Same thing. You might actually have 59 strength, and equipping a +1 strength ring would indeed take you to a total of 60 strength. For the life, it's probably going from 249 to 252, not 262.

We can better determine this if you post some screenshots.

4. SadisticTheory

SadisticTheory IncGamers Member

Oh man, I do believe you're right Orphan. Upon closer inspection of the numbers in the game the 5 and 6 do look extremely close. What i'm thinking is a 6 is indeed a 5. That also explains why I thought my strength went "down" to "60" when it indeed went up to 60 from 59.

What a stupid mistake, Sorry for wasting your time. Thanks for the help!

5. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

My brother does it all the time ;p