Character-specific set and survivng Hell...

maxgerin

Diabloii.Net Member
Character-specific set and survivng Hell...

Here goes my new game plan...

GOAL: Play all seven character types and pat/mat everyone. :cool:

CONSTRAINTS:
Wear each character's respective set the moment he/she can suit the entire set. (IK set for Barb, not the BK set)
The entire set will be maintained (as much as possible) throughout the remaining of the game until Hell Baal is dead.
In general, I think I have all the unique items that I need.

QUESTIONS:
Which character build is best suited for his/her character set?
What items best compliment a character build sporting his/her specific set?

I know my questions are very broad. Just looking for general info that will get the discussion rolling and hopefully down to the specifics.

I started with a Meteorb Sorc who is now level 74 and recently killed NM Baal. She is already wearing the set. I don't think this would have a problem in general, will just have to get used with shifting skills for Hell immunes.

I'm having trouble (in my mind) with the other sets.

1.) The Griswold's set, no matter how cool the 12-os it has, does seem to be low for anything good--can't do for Hammerdin nor aura (shocking) pally, me thinks.

2.) The M'avina's problem I think is with the bow, not many people use bows except probably for WF. I haven't tried an Amazon, so I'm just blurting out stuff...

3.) The Aldur's cannot be used for a Wind Druid. Though I heard people using it for Shapeshifting, is that right?

You get the drift...

Any suggestions, comments, and scoldings/shin-kickings for my n00bness will be much appreciated. ;)

--maxgerin

frosty

Diabloii.Net Member
I am doing the same thing too

IK set Barb - WW

Trang's Necro - Poison Summoner

M'varina's set Amazon - FA zon

Griswold's set Paladin - convictec zealot

Aldur's set druid - Fury/rabies werewolf

NAtalya's set assassin - Phoenix striker

Tal Rasha's sorc - Meteor/FO sorc

The barb, necro and sorc is done. Currently doing the pally and 'sin.

And one more thing.

*kicks maxgerin in the shins with boots of uber noobness*

Amazons isn't everything about the windforce. pffft. :p

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
maxgerin said:
Which character build is best suited for his/her character set?

Ama - FA with Strafe or MS

Asn - MA / Traps hybrib? No kicker, that's for sure. Truth to tell, CoS makes everything viable

Barb - WW Barb for sure.

Dru - Fireclaws / Rabbies Hybrid

Pal - Avenger

Nec - :lol: Well, yeah.... >_< Also a Skellie / Poison hybrid might be nice. No bonemancer for obvious reasons

Sorc - Anything goes. I like my Meteor/FO Tal's Sorc best.

maxgerin said:
What items best compliment a character build sporting his/her specific set?
Ama - Doesn't really need anything specific. Maybe more mana leech.

Asn - Angelic Jewelry if you need AR, + skills if you need to boost traps

Barb - Angelic Jewelry to make up for the pathetic AR of WW.

Dru - Lots of +skills items

Pal - Doesn't really need much

Nec - Items? What items? Okay... +skills stuff again

Sorc - Also + skills stuff. See the pattern? Casters = + skills :) Also a Mosers / Whitstans for blocking

Fafner

Diabloii.Net Member
maxgerin said:
Here goes my new game plan...

2.) The M'avina's problem I think is with the bow, not many people use bows except probably for WF. I haven't tried an Amazon, so I'm just blurting out stuff...

--maxgerin
Yeah, where did I put that spare Windforce....actually max it takes people awhile to find stuff like that. Maybe less time if you run pindleskin, but I agree with Nightfish about that bag of bones.

Actually, the Mavs set is touted for Frost Maidens, you can find a guide on the amazon forum, if there isn't one in our stickies.

For the Nat's set, the assassin, try a PS build. You'll actually use all the hotkeys and nothing will be immune to you (albeit FI/LI is a pain). If you want details, I'd be hard pressed since I like all the flavors of the rainbow. I usually max PS and a synergy...2 synergies if you want, but there are other worlds than these...

I can't really tell you what to do with the others, as I haven't played these types of characters.

I've heard Aldurs can make a good Fireclaw shifter, but someone here will know better.

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Tal Rasha: Meteorb Sorceress seems fine:)

IK: Whirlwind Barb...the maul reaches last breakpoint with shael(s)?? and nice elemental damage.

Aldur's: Wind druid can get by witout über gear and the set does give some +skills and stat bonus. Fire Claws druid would also be okay, socket the weapon with 3 shaels that gives you 8 frames (I think) which isn't to shabby. The huge fire damage will make the pitiful physical damage on the mace obsolete.

Natalya: Martial Arts assasin...nice damage reduction + huge leech, makes for a relatively safe build, the claw is also a pretty good weapon for a set item.

Mavina: Freezing arrow zon..The set gives nice +(bow) skills and +cold damage.

Griswold's: I guess a fanatic zealot would be the best choice...Although I'm not completely sure what to do with all those sockets:)

Trang Oul: Summoner...can get by with bad gear and Trang's is actually quite decent. Maybe Poison/Summon, since 3xTrang gives +25% poison damage and -25% poison resists.

Edit: So sloow:(

poopie_pants

Diabloii.Net Member
My 2 cents

IK: Can't lend much advice here, as I seldom play barbarians. I would think Concentration would work very well with this set (in addition to WW, as others have mentioned).

Aldurs': Again, not familiar with this character. I've only made one druid character, and it was a Wind druid. I have to say, I was disappointed with the results using Aldurs' set.

Natalya: Never played an assassin build past ActI normal...moving on lol.

Mavinas: FA zon for sure. This is a tremendously fun build.

Griswolds: Avenger hands down. Make sure to boost your damage on the Caddy as high as possible with jewels/runes. A few IAS jewels scattered in the armor/helm/shield along with some resistances, and you will be set.

Trangs': Poison/Summoner. I have one now that uses this set, along with Arm of King Leoric, and he is very effective.

Tal's: Seems you've made your choice :).

-PP

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
I made a frost zealot with gris's set, dropped a whole lot of cold facets into all the sockets (diamonds in shield). Not the strongest frost zealot out here, but worked fine.

maxgerin

Diabloii.Net Member
First of all, thank you to all of you for spending your time and bothering to post your suggestions and comments, and that shin-kick. :thumbsup:

This (plus the guides I checked for the suggested builds) certainly cleared most of the questions in my mind as of now. I will post more follow-up questions as I go along with the plan and play other builds.

After my Sorc I will try the FA Amazon then Avenger Pally. I'm starting to like pally again. He's my favorite v1.09 character, but then he suddenly died in v1.10 A5H when I tried him there, and then he died again... and again. The usual Zealot (Zeal and Fanaticism of v1.09). I'll probably do Assassin and Druid last.

Fafner said:
Yeah, where did I put that spare Windforce....actually max it takes people awhile to find stuff like that.
Don't bother finding me a spare, I have one in my grail. ;) :p

So, as of now, I have some questions for my Sorc...

She started Hell (level 77), and unlike my poorly built Wind Druid, she's actually having fun. I use Fireball far more than Meteor because I easily run out of patience with Meteor's slow drop.

I'm currently using a Rhyme Grim Shield, but thinking of using Gerke's Sanctuary instead for the damage reduction it provides. Is that a good choice? Or should I stick with Rhyme, or go for an upped-Moser?

And what's the best boots to wear? Currently using a Silkweave.

Thanks again for all the suggestions! :)

--maxgerin