Character Expired...or is it?

mazzymaxim

Diabloii.Net Member
Character Expired...or is it?

All last week (week of american thanksgiving) all my new characters said "Character Expired", However i could still use them fine. I wake up this morning and its "9 days to expire".

Weird eh?

Gorny

Banned
All last week (week of american thanksgiving) all my new characters said "Character Expired", However i could still use them fine. I wake up this morning and its "9 days to expire".

Weird eh?
10 bucks says it's something with your system clock. Check and make sure the time and date are correct.

mazzymaxim

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks

10 bucks says it's something with your system clock. Check and make sure the time and date are correct.
Im not sure if the time has changed within the last couple days...

I did reboot yesterday, prolly something corrupt

thanks for the info

Gorny

Banned
Im not sure if the time has changed within the last couple days...

I did reboot yesterday, prolly something corrupt

thanks for the info

No problem, system clock problems are usually what causes the character expired/expires message to show up when it's not supposed to.

BlackAtila

Diabloii.Net Member
No problem, system clock problems are usually what causes the character expired/expires message to show up when it's not supposed to.
well i tested that before and...when i make a char to hold my itens...and dont play with this char...dont gain any xp...it doesnt expires...it doesnt happen with all of them...but happened some times...i could join with an already expired char as much as i wanted...it just had to be lvl1 and 0 of xp
I dont know if its a bug or why it happens

spasm attack

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah this happened with an entire mule account with me. I log on to get some stuff and every single one says character expired and I'm like OH ****. Then I double clicked one of them and everything was just fine and it gave me another 10 days. Characters are stored on Blizzard's servers, so I'm pretty sure they have the expiration dates on there too. If it is a issue with time differences or something, they must have been within hours away from poofing. Maybe they give you one last chance and if you log out without getting on those characters they're gone :undecided:.