Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"character expired" bug

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Mr_Grimm, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Mr_Grimm

Mr_Grimm IncGamers Member

"character expired" bug

i logged on today to find that every single one of my characters on all my accounts have "character expired" underneath them. They simply are not expired, some of them were played as little as a few days ago, and i can use them all exactly the same as i used to, joining games and such. I'm just going to put it down to a bnet server display bug for now...

(i also tried creating a brand new character and that also had "character expired" underneath it lol)

2. Taurusrexx (Vodu)

Taurusrexx (Vodu) IncGamers Member

Re-check YOUR date and time stamp on YOUR PC. This is probably the "bnet server dipslay bug" you refer to.

3. ghoppa12

ghoppa12 Banned

I'd like 2 see a screenshot!

4. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

I've witnessed it too.

I had mules that i forget to get on, and they were a day or 2 into the expired category. I logged onto them just fine, and the count went from "expired" to "10 days remaining" like usual.

I'm unsure how long the "expired" tag needs to be there before the character becomes unuseable.

5. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

i have this on my account now.....characters are all fine but i crapped myself when i saw this.....i get this only when playing on my new system.....old system shows everthing is Aok

6. teraboi

teraboi IncGamers Member

i currently have this problem too! my old chars have no problem, but my newly created chars have "Character Expired" tag underneath....but they can still be played. Will this affect my gameplay? how can i solve it?

7. dirty.scorpion

dirty.scorpion Banned

can someone tell,how much do i have to play with a new char to get rid of the 10day expired text?

8. BuddySativa

BuddySativa IncGamers Member

It's all based on time - the char will stop being expired after it is played for 2 hours.

You don't actually have to play the char and put experience on. Just having the char in either one game for 2 hours, or multiple games totalling 2 hours, then the char will not expire.

The 2 hours can be built up over months, if you want to.

E.g., start char, leave for 8 days, go into a game for 15 minutes, log back on in 8 days, go into game for 10 mins etc etc.

As far as I'm aware, the chars do actually need to be in a game rather than just logged into the chat screen.