Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Character Choice?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by WeeManHater, Jun 13, 2005.

1. WeeManHater

WeeManHater Diabloii.Net Member

Character Choice?

What is the best character in the game overall?

2. ScorpioFury

ScorpioFury Diabloii.Net Member

DEpends on what you want to do. Each character has their own strengths and weaknesses. Try all of them and have fun with it. Its a fun game with lots of variety. A barbarian is a good beginner's choice because they are pretty easy to use. It was my first character. well yeah just have fun

3. Paulsummoner

Paulsummoner Banned

There is no definite answer on this question, but I'd say that two best, from my point of view are sorceress and barbarian, one is the best at range combat, the other is the best at close combat, two edges of one line

4. phool

phool Diabloii.Net Member

Best? Hmm... My favourites are the assa and barb but i think sorc (meteorb) is the easiest to complete hell on + the best for solo runs. IMO Paladin and necro are both very useful as party members, but not up to much by themselves (exception: hammerdins, venommancers, etc.). Everything I've just said is a generalisation though of course, you should narrow down your question depending on what u want exactly, and how rich you are.

5. DevilsWrath

DevilsWrath Diabloii.Net Member

there is no best, its how u use them that makes them good

6. Uzziah

Uzziah Diabloii.Net Member

The character is only as good as the hand that is playing them.

In fact you can't even compare which is the best melee, ranged, magic character because each character can use all three its just a matter of how its played.

Heck I have a barb that deals 1200-1300 fire spell damage and 1800-1900 poison melee damage. Completely different from most barbs but very effective and is played like a caster.

If you want to get into it, every character has a summon build, including the barb and paladin. Go figure you can build a summoner barb that just stands around watching his minions do his bidding.

7. Damric

Damric Diabloii.Net Member

The best character in the game is the one I am playing at any given moment.

8. Liliel

Liliel Diabloii.Net Member

Sorceress, I guess. They can be amazing casters with huge damage in a wide area of effect... or they can be melee fighters with insanely high damage, especially if you're on ladder. Plus, they have Teleport.

Now, the real question is, why is this being asked in the barb forum?

9. drinkturps

drinkturps Diabloii.Net Member

By best do you mean a Cookie Cutter like a hammerdin? or best as in terms of fun and enjoyment?

My conc baba is a whole load of fun but he's not by any means the best.

This could run and run.....

10. Lyrs

Lyrs Diabloii.Net Member

Potion throwing druid. It's fun, unigue, and challenging. Plus, if you can solo hell with just potion throwing, the gods of d2 and lod will automatically elevate you to lord of all that is d2.

11. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, go with a potion chucker. :lol:

Like they said, it depends on what you want to do. Necros for instance probably kill monsters faster than any other solo build over the long haul due to the Corpse Explode ability, whereas Hammerdins have the edge on boss slaying and also do quite well against regular critters if you can handle the sheer boredom of spamming hammers over and over again.

Barbs are cool because they are very survivable, can run bosses without relying on teleport, and have a variety of combat skills that don't have to be fully synergized to work well. Also, Item Find rocks for MFing.

Sorcs are great for normal and nightmare boss runs but immunities cause all manner of problems for them in Hell if they don't have insanely good gear.

12. Liliel

Liliel Diabloii.Net Member

Dual tree sorcs don't have too many problems that static field, telekinesis, a well armed merc and teleport cannot solve.

13. batuchka

batuchka Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm currently i am having lots of fun with mf bone/summon necro and bash-stun-warcry barb :p I want to make a nice +3WC/BO Delirium Fury Visor (for style points) and watch in glee as monsters fight amongst themselves or get confused while me and might merc smack/stun them hehe. Stun-->Bash-->Warcry by itself is addictive to me hehe. Next project would be a bearsin with fade,claws,venom and shadow master or Dream-conviction-fanatic palabear :p An iron wolfbarb looks like a ball of a build too as does an enchantress-dream sorcbear. For me best build = high fun factor ^^

14. Mammel248

Mammel248 Banned

Dudes, there is 1 char build that you forget.
    For some reason everybody underestimates him, he is the SUMMONER NECRO.

I don't know why people underestimate him. OK, he is kinda worthless in PvP, but give him an Enigma, and other nice equipment, and there you have your killer char. I have one myself, he doesn't have the Enigma yet, but he can solo 8 player Baalruns etc...

A good built Summoner has 50+ minions, like mine, and solos Hell w/h problems. The only thing I have trouble with, is Diablo, because him fire attack piecres my skels and hits me too... as does his breath lightning attack.

But well, he may not be the fastest of all, but he certainly does rock, and is virtually immortal.

15. kmk-soldier

kmk-soldier Diabloii.Net Member

hammerdin, loves him when rushes, kills almost everything
    barb also nice,tanks that do ww, only too bad with iron maiden while he ww then ~~

but my favorite goes out to blizzard sorc, dunno why, just like it :p

16. Blackfalcon

Blackfalcon Diabloii.Net Member

God, I'm asking a necro question on a barb fourm................

HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET 50 SKELLETONS?!

I have max in that skill and I get 9 or 10!
    Even counting mages (I'm not using those) you would need so much +skill items it isn't funny.

17. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 Diabloii.Net Member

He said 50+ minions. Easy enough to do even with just a couple skillers.

(0 Skillers) 20 Skellies + 20 Skellie mage + 20 Revive + 1 golem = 38 minions
    (8 Skillers) 28 Skellies + 28 Skellie mage + 28 Revie + 9 golem = 51 minions

18. Halciet

Halciet Diabloii.Net Member

Keyword in his sentence was "minions," which would include skeletons, mage skeletons, revives, a golem, and a merc.

With points in those skills and a TON of +skill gear/charms, you can get a HUGE army together.

-Hal

edit: and top beat me to it ;)

19. batuchka

batuchka Diabloii.Net Member

Well with just +11 skills on summoner necro he gets 12 skellies, 12 mages, golem, merc and 12 revives with one point into revive and maxed raise skeleton, skeleton mastery and raise mages. A summoner with beast on him + Infinity might merc guarantees great dmg from skellies and mages and if the necro goes all out max revives and has mana problems an 'Insight' iron golem could tag along hehe Also if the necro uses full trang then conviction + lower resist curse would stack (except for -poison resists) and he could do damage with the fireskills notably firewall which does not need fcr. Reason being full trang reduces effective fcr to zero but delayed fire spell from trang (meteor,firewall) does most damage :p Maybe for kicks the might merc wears a dream helm or dragon armor *gasps* CTA on switch to BO minions :D

20. Blackfalcon

Blackfalcon Diabloii.Net Member

Whoops. Forgot about the revives. Oh well. My skellies (9) just beat Diablo anyway so I'm good for a bit.

......and I thought 9/10 caused alot of slow down.........................