Character back up

tomadlard

Diabloii.Net Member
Character back up

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I couldnt find anything specific although I searched around...
I've recently come back to Diablo II after a break, in which I uninstalled the game. I backed up my save games folder, hoping to replace it when I played again. Having done that, unfortunately none of the characters are appearing in game, I wondered if anyone knows why this is, or how (if) it can be fixed?

Thanks

tomadlard said:
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I couldnt find anything specific although I searched around...
I've recently come back to Diablo II after a break, in which I uninstalled the game. I backed up my save games folder, hoping to replace it when I played again. Having done that, unfortunately none of the characters are appearing in game, I wondered if anyone knows why this is, or how (if) it can be fixed?

Thanks
The folder must be called 'Save' and be in the same place as when you installed it. Also check that they are .d2s files. If you used the ATA backup files (.org) then you need to change the name back to .d2s
Other than that, with the info you gave, i dont know what else to do.
What patch are your characters, and what patch you you using now?

LD50

Diabloii.Net Member
I would guess that the characters are from different version than your current game? Like, chars are 1.09 and you now have 1.1 or something like that. I'm not sure though..

edit: too slooowww

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
characters from previous patches show up in whatever patch your using. so all characters should show up if your 1.10(even if the chars are 1.07 or 1.09). etc

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
LD50 said:
I would guess that the characters are from different version than your current game? Like, chars are 1.09 and you now have 1.1 or something like that.
Maybe if it's the other way around...1.10 characters won't show in earlier patches.

tomadlard

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I just checked and you're right, I'd forgotten that when I first installed, Battlenet automatically updated me to v1.10, so all my old characters are v1.10. I haven't been on Battlenet yet so with the new install I'm still running 1.07. I've now updated it and all the characters are back!

Thanks for all your help, you didn't come down hard on me even though I'd made a stupid mistake!

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
hooray :D

now we get to make fun of you for such a n00blar mistake.

dw everyone makes 'em