Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Char Set Item Builds

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by pantherus, Jun 1, 2008.

1. pantherus

pantherus IncGamers Member

Char Set Item Builds

Hi there,

Random project I'd be interested in and getting people's opinions on.

I'd like to make a character build (mostly equipment, but some skill advice welcome) for each character with one stipulation - they must wear their entire character set (the one that gives them the aura - or fade/vampire effect for the assassin/necromancer respectively). Going through the strategy builds I only really found a couple based on their sets (Assassin and IK Barb) but still interested to see other opinions on them...

So basically just wanting to fill in the whatever blanks are left from their set not being worn. Don't worry about rarity of the items etc and don't worry about MF gear or anything like that - pure fighting; basically just soloing in Hell I guess :). I'm not likely to ever actually USE these builds, just interested :) Why? I guess I just like the idea of having the auras etc. Finally - please don't bother with suggestions that cancel out a set part or any suggestion like "well that set's armour sucks so I'd use THIS ONE instead - the ENTIRE set must be worn at all times. Could be a good challenge for some of the sets to make them part of a viable build to handle all SP circumstances.

So:

Amazon: M'Avina's Battle Hymn.
    Used: Helm, Bow, Armour, Gloves, Belt.
    To fill: Amulet, 2x Rings, Boots.

Assassin: Natalya's Odium.
    Used: Helm, Claw, Armour, Boots
    To fill: Claw or Shield, Amulet, 2x Rings, Gloves, Belt.

Barbarian: Immortal King
    Used: Helm, Maul, Armour, Belt, Gloves, Boot
    To Fill: Amulet, 2x Rings

Druid: Aldur's Watchtower
    Used: Helm, Mace, Armour, Boots
    To fill: Shield, Amulet, 2x Rings, Gloves, Belt

Used: Helm, Armour, Trophy, Belt, Gloves
    To fill: Wand/Weapon, Amulet, 2x Rings, Boots

Paladin: Griswold's Legacy
    Used: Helm, Armour, Mace, Shield
    To Fill: Amulet, 2x Rings, Belt, Gloves, Boots

Sorceress: Tal Rasha's Wrappings
    Used: Helm, Armour, Orb, Amulet, Belt
    To fill: Shield, 2x Rings, Gloves, Boots

So there we go - Other Sets? Uniques? Runewords? If we could try to vere away from abstract rares/magics/crafted items since specific items would make it more defined :)

Thanks for helping in this little project, I look forward to your suggestions.

Kim

2. Colorless Green

Colorless Green IncGamers Member

Re: Char Set Item Builds

I'm in the middle of making a char with every class specific set (about to finish #5/8 - I included the BK set). Here's what I'm doing (off the top of my head, might be remembering a piece or two of eq wrong):

FA/strafe Mavinazon - Crescent Moon, SoJ, Raven Frost, War Travs (expect a mat thread tomorrow morning)
    Natalya's Phoenix Striker - Bartuc's, Mara's, Raven Frost, Rare Dual Leech Ring (maybe, not sure), Dracul's, Verdungo's or SoE (forget which)
    WW IK Barb - did this one a couple years ago, don't remember the jewelry, doesn't matter (you'd kill just fine skipping jewelry entirely)
    Aldur's FC Druid - haven't planned extra equipment yet
    Trang's Venomancer - +3 PNova White, Mara's, 2 SoJs (or maybe FCR if I needed it), Trang's Claws, Mesh
    Griswold's Avenger - haven't planned extra equipment yet
    Tal's Tri-Elementalist - Spirit, SoJs or FCR rares, Trang's Gloves, Treks probably

In most cases I've found that with so many of the slots taken up, there's not really all that much available to choose from from the remaining slots as they'll need to be taken up reaching a new IAS/FCR/FHR breakpoint or maxing resists. The best way to plan one of them out is to total up everything you're getting then look at what's missing and use your couple remaining slots to fill the holes.

-CG

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  3. Cygnus

Cygnus IncGamers Member

There are quite a few of us doing a class-specific set sept (or octumvirate if you include BK set which can only be completed by the barbarian) The stickied mat/pat/guardian thread should give you some pointers.

These sets are powerful enough to support just about any build but are generally geared towards some skills. Trang's poison necro, Mav's FA zon and Nat's Phoenix Striker are very common. IK and Gris are probably powerful enough to let you finish the game blindfolded and with one arm tied to the back. Tal's is nice for a tri-elemental sorc. Aldur's the weakest of the seven, but even that's better than anything you'll be able to get untwinked. Fireclaws is a popular choice here.

(Pwned as usual)

EDIT: As links appear to be all the rage
    Mavina's FA/IA zon
    Trang's Poison/Mages necro
    Aldur's Fireclaws/Fury druid

4. RIP

RIP IncGamers Member

Not sure about what are You exactly looking for, but i have similiar project already running in HC (its called septumvirate)...

Gabrielle - Mavs amazon

Conan - IK Barbarian

Naz Ghoul - Trang necro

As for other sets

Just started Griss avenger, we shall see

Natalyas - i never played MA sin, so Phoenix striker is obvious choice and should be fun

Tal rasha - still missing ammy, maby i can try Tri-element sorc

Druid - the worst set, not sure what to do with it yet :scratchchin:

5. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

I made a Trangs Fishy-thrower once. A standard Fishymancer except I was armed with Gimmershred and Gargoyle's bite. I also make full use of Trangs fire spells and LR. Fun and different.

6. Atil

Atil IncGamers Member

The 8 only refers to the Expansion Sets. What about the original Sets? Some of them are viable, and you can use them earlier, e.g. Cathan - Meteorb Sorceress

7. Colorless Green

Colorless Green IncGamers Member

There's more than 8 expansion sets, but there's only 8 sets that can only be completed by only one class. I may well decide to do chars using other sets at some point.

8. pantherus

pantherus IncGamers Member

Well I also looked at using the Bul-Kathos dual-sword set too, two other sets I saw to use with it were the cow king's leathers or the Disciple.

With the Druid set - it seems to be fairly ambiguous towards elemental or shapeshifting - I read that Armageddon can be cast whilst shifted - perhaps a building combining the two??