Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Char choosing

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Airman, May 10, 2008.

1. Airman

Airman IncGamers Member

Char choosing

Hello guys! I'm absolute noob at PvP gaming and I want to create very good PvP char.
    One guy challenged me like "Go play on our server, make a char and I`ll cut your throat brutally and without a chance for you" ...hehe
    As you may guess I don`t want to play as piece of meat and it could be very funny to outplay him :scratch:

My friend suggested to create blizz sorc for MFing firstly to have ability to find required gear for my PvP char.

so (1) is to create MFing sorc - please suggest which guide to look for.

and the (2) thing to do : choose a PvP char to create. I have no idead which class can it be..

This guy usually creates a lot of chars, but I think he will stand against me with Sorc or Pally.

2. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Re: Char choosing

You have a LONG way to go before being able to make the pvp char if you haven't even started mfing yet. Best to ask pvp later and just work on your mf sorc.

Some popular and successful builds are
    Pure blizzard
    Frozen orb/chain lightning
    Meteor/Frozen orb

3. Airman

Airman IncGamers Member

4. DayDream

5. Airman

Airman IncGamers Member

That mean the same build but with gear from your link?

And what about this: "I would like say that, for a Blizzard sorceress in Hell, no matter what gears you have, you cannot SOLO."

There`s nothing about this in other builds.. hmhm..

6. DayDream

That's true =/ but then again you probably won't be playing it single player right? You'll be playing with others and can seek help. This is off topic from pvp, you may want to make another or something in sorc section.

A pure cold sorc naturally won't be able to solo hell with cold immunes unless you have high damage merc.

The link I posted is POOR man, for starters/newbies/etc. The link you had are gear you won't be able to get your hands on easily unless you come across a player that quit d2.

Don't underestimate pub that much where you can just start dueling with random gear =P

7. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

The last guide posted by DayDream is your best bet.

I do have some suggestions:

- Stop at NM Mephisto and MF him. Be as high level as possible (50-60). He'll be easier to reach and kill with only crappy mf gear (Ptopaz helm/armor, rhyme, mf boots, mf gloves, mf jewelry).

I went ahead to Hell Meph, but I was dieing very often without good gear.
    On NM meph you have chances to find good gear that will help you do Hell Meph. The same bug applies, so no problems there.

- after you have better gear move on to hell Meph.

- no real problems soloing NM, but in hell, there's many cold immunes. best place to mf and level in hell is probably the Ancient Tunnels (act2, Lost City wp)

As for PvP buil, there are some cheap options, the plague-amazon for example:
    http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=587

I'm also pretty noob at PvP, and the only thing i defeated was other noobs :grin:, but I never really had a dedicated PvP build.
    I'm also looking for an easy PvP char, but I want to duel only under level 60. The reason is because most of the uber gear (runewords) have higher lvl req (65 for enigma). I can't get enigma, so I don't wanna duel ppl that have it.
    Your friend is probably very rich and has high level characters, so your challenge is harder.

Good luck!

8. ronniek

ronniek IncGamers Member

I say, if you can get a rush try go for a lvl9 tiger strike. It dont require hard to find items as most are lvl9 you just need a claw and low level equips like palta or sumthin close to that name. it does suppose to need some runes but it can also be done with cheap charms and and jewels