Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Chaos Tristin Not So HARD

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by herbboy, Sep 5, 2006.

1. herbboy

herbboy IncGamers Member

Chaos Tristin Not So HARD

Now i hear ppl sayin that chaos tristram and getiin the keys and organs is so tough or hard. Well.... its not.
    Gettin the keys is prolly the toughest part since it takes time i can do all of them in a game in bout 5-8 mins with my h-din. Now i dont have great equip on him. its jus,

Bp nigma
    Wizard Spike
    Shako
    Rare +2 Pali amii with res and fcr:tongue:
    rare belt wit fcr and res
    magefist
    War travs
    Umed hoz
    Ravenfrost
    Carrion wind

With this i do around 7.5k dmg. I know its not that good, but I can do all the key runs pretty fast.

My friends Kent and Andrew helped me get organs and do Trist

Andrew has a smiter
    equip

AP Coh
    Vortex Exile:tongue:
    Dracs
    Dungos
    Gores
    G-face
    a 6sheal sword
    highlords
    dwarfstar and some other ring

He does around 2.5k dmg thx to a torch and has 65% crushin blow

Kent has a light sorc with a infinity merc, not sure bout equip add that l8ter. He has a cta that i know.

Me and andrew can easily get all organs.

When tristin kent bo's us then me and him clear out a large area for resting and luring out the ubers. Then kent goes in to lure one of them out and while andrew smites away we clear the minions. we can do chaos trist in bout 30 mins. We get the organs in bout 20 mins and the keys can take newhere from an hour to 3 depending on our luck. Over all the difficulty would be about 5out of a scale of 1-10.:tongue:

2. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Baal's hardest, just because of that silly manaburn. It's not even hard, its just annoying.

3. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Pffft. All 3 Ubers are a joke. I've seen people beat the crap out of them using gutter gear.

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I do it all with my fana-zealot, solo.

Guillaume's
    Grief
    HoZ
    CoH for Tristram, Enigma for organs and everywhere else (e.g. solo Baal runs)
    Dracul's
    T-God's
    Goreriders
    Highlord's
    Ravenfrost
    Dual leech ring
    Switch: Wizardspike+Spirit for teleporting, lifetap wand+Spirit in Tristram)
    Max res with charms

In Tristram I exchange Gheeds and 3 mfscs with allres GCs and fill up the inventory with another two of them; with CoH that makes 125% additional res to fully compensate Meph's conviction)

Smite the Ãœbers, ignore the PIs (drink mana potion if getting hit by them) zeal the rest. With that setup it's a piece of cake. Izual is the most dangerous part if too many OKs are near him.

I'm too stingy for Exile and Last Wish... next season, next season... :grin:

Oh yes, wear a Standard of Heroes, to add a small roleplaying element. It doesn't seem to do anything, but I think wearing it is a matter of honor for a paladin :wink3:

For gathering keys, I use a lightning/FO sorc.

5. jag

jag IncGamers Member

You each have at least 1 piece of equipment that changes things dramatically. Take away the enigma on the hdin and it will take you alot longer to collect keys. Take away the CoH/exile on the smiter and he is no where near as effective. Take away the inifinity from the light only sorc and that build is literally useless in hell.

You are right you dont have super-uber gear, but each of you have a piece that is out of reach to alot of casual players. Imagine trying to collect keys or kill ubers without those 4 items.

I know that after the time it took to build up 'wealth' to get those type of items you can kinda forget what its like to not have them. I recently have been playing around with odd builds and untwinked. Forgot what it was like to be just completely owned by normal diablo.... LOL

6. obiwansbane

obiwansbane IncGamers Member

lol pally's dont have much mana anyways... then baal saps wat we do have :cry: u would say mephy but he seems to get easier

7. krischan

Meph is the toughest, of course, but if you have 125% excess res, he's no problem, so I haughtily voted for "none", even though pride is a mortal sin for a paladin :azn: . I'm sure you can do the Ãœbers with a less expensive setup than mine (which I did when I was poorer), but I can afford it and it makes my zealot very versatile. Except for big, nasty OK/doll/PI/conviction groups, he's invincible in PvM.

8. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

The Ubers are quite similar to the Secret Cow Level. You have to do some strange stuff to open a portal to battle special monsters. In the beginning, people were pwned by cows. In the beginning, people were pwned by the ubers. Fairly quickly, we figured out what worked and what didn't. ((Sites like this are great for learning from the mistakes of others.)) An LF zon wouldn't be very successful in Uber Trist, and a smiter wouldn't be very successful with cows.

Besides key collection, all you really need to do the Ubers is a smiter, anything else is just plain overkill.

9. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

A smiter alone would already be overkill in Uber Trist. :tongue:

10. krischan

I don't like smiters. They might be useful in Tristram, but from my experiences you just need a single point in smite to defeat the Ãœbers, as you don't need damage, but CB to kill them - smite always hits and it ignores blocking. Smiters probably have a problem with big monster groups which makes them one-dimensional and I don't like one-dimensional characters. However, I admit that I never played a smiter so far.

An important aspect of my considerations is that I'm playing solo most of the time. I'm just playing on bnet for trading which compensates the drawbacks like lags etc.

11. Cyanide Koolaid

Cyanide Koolaid Banned

ha, easy. I've never even hit one of them. It'd be the best thing in the world if I could get an Anni, let alone a torch lol.

12. Tim B

Tim B IncGamers Member

i havn't bothered making a specific uber killing char this season. i just switched my dreamer's helm and body armour for a guilluames and duress. his conviction aura pisses all over meph's, the ctc confuse distracts all the minions, and lifetap still casts often enough for me survive. not that this char is cheap to make, but he clearly isn't designed for ubers and manages fine. i agre that baal is the most annoying for the mana burning attack.

13. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Actually I made my first smiter at the beginning of this season. Like all my characters, I took him through the game solo (USWEST Softcore non-ladder). He's probably a bad build since I maxed smite, but I also maxed fanat, holy shield and threw some points in zeal, vengence and sacrifice. He used zeal most of the time and received significant equipment upgrades along the way: Grief PB, Dracs, Exile Protector shield among others. He always did/does a great job on the bosses!

Evrae Altana: True! True! I finally solo'd them myself this weekend and it really didn't seem fair...I did keep the barb torch they dropped though!:grin:

14. BabyLink

BabyLink IncGamers Member

I'd say Diablo is the harder guy because he spawns some monsters that can heal him but if you find a way to destroy minons as soon as they appear then i guess Meph is the harder 'cause of conviction

15. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I tanked Diablo and Baal at the sam time with my pitiful black and alma negra pally thanks to rising sun :D
    And tanked meph with t-gods and blackhorns with 28 light res.

16. Immortal_King

Immortal_King IncGamers Member

Like many others before me I wasted time and effort getting LW, Good Upped Hoz, Exile, etc. Then I saw a guy with Ber Wiz Spike, Guillaumes, Goblin Toes, and garbage like Snowclash, Rising Sun, Wisp Projecter et al pwn them.

17. WebDragon

WebDragon IncGamers Member

Its true that the ubers are not as tough as you'd think, IF you're prepared for them. However, if you look at all the PvM cookie cutter builds out there, you have to admit that the ubers would eat most of them alive. You need a specific setup to beat them. That makes them challenging in my book.

18. krischan

Since we have the Ãœbers, a lot of zealots are called smiters. Each paladin with holy shield also has smite because it's which is a prereq and as you just need one point in smite, each paladin with holy shield can also be considered a smiter. For me, a smiter is a paladin who maxed smite at the expense of e.g. zeal, else you would use zeal most of the time because it's the better attack if you fight other monsters than act bosses or Ãœbers.

19. PeeZed

PeeZed IncGamers Member

I've not seen anyone suggest using Frenzy Barb. He key runs without Enigma (Uses Jump attack to bypass packs). Gets Organs with just draculs and other reasonable kit. I had problems with Mephi first time I did Trist but I find swapping belt for thurdergods and one ring for a low wisp and one sword for lightsabre and he goes down in a few minutes. I think this is the cheapest way to go Uber killing that I've seen.

20. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

I made a Smiter (20 in smite) paladin NL when this quest first came out but he has good gear.

Guellieum's. Socketed with UIm rune. for crushing blow
    Asteron's. for crushing blow and IAS Later switched to Grief.
    Duress. Later switched to CoH
    Exile. for the life tap
    Laying of hands. for IAS and 350% damage to Demons
    Dungo's. for hit recovery, vitality and DR
    Upped Gores for CB
    DwarfStar. fire resist
    RavenFrost for Can't be frozen mod.
    RisingSun Amulet. again for the fire absorb.

I maxed Smite, Fanaticism and Holy Shield also put a lot in Zeal.

I was doing all three Ubers in about three minutes. I would rush straight in and just smack 'em silly using rejuve pots until Exile's Life tap kicked in.

Now I like to slow it down and lure Mephisto out quickly and whack him silly with salvation on, then switch to Fanticism and bop which ever "uber" is stupid enough to come nearby next. Still only takes about 3-4 minutes.

Usually there are two or three other people in the game. It is fun to occasionlly come accross a public Tristram game and go in and smack the ubers silly while everyone else is getting "owned" and dying around me. I never get the torch because someone always times the grab better than I do and I really don't care anyway. (Have enough torches.)