Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Chaos running?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Grimey, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Grimey

Grimey Banned

Chaos running?

I'm looking a build that can run chaos on a low budget with a decent killing rate. I know that a hammerdin is great and summomancer can do it well, but I'm looking for something different. Wind Druid is out, I've had bad experience with them. I've heard that Lightning Fury Amazon is kinda decent with low gear. My budget is not that great, but it's growing by time. This is HC.

This would be also be used to clear other areas such as The Pit and WSK.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: Chaos running?

A strafer comes to my mind, but I'm not sure if that's a budget build. WF is mandatory (I'm not sure if an upped WWS will work well) while Faith would be best and Fortitude will speed up the killing ratio a lot as well. The rest is rather cheap in comparison.

3. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

You can choice from two different amazon hybride both capable of clear the mentioned area's fast, safe, with some decent mf, one a cheap budget and in a unique, non-hammerdin way.
    If you go with a bowazon, you will have the problem that they aren't very durable - gloams are a problem - and that they aren't very strong if you load up on mf on a budget build. Pits seems doable with a bowazon, though chaos and certainly wsk on a budget with a mf bowazon is hard.
    And seen the fact that you are hc, I'd try something else first.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325914

P.S. if you are going with a pure lightning amazon, makes sure to have infinity - for conviction or was it insight that has conviction? Chaos might be possible without - as you don't have to kill those mage thing - though I believe you will have immunity problems without infinity when running wsk or pits.
    On the other hand, they probably are the biggest power build you can find.

4. Grimey

Grimey Banned

I never got my hands on a enigma. How a non enigma hammerdin handles chaos?

5. Ellok

Ellok IncGamers Member

Handles it just fine.. get a wizzy and a viper and your good to go! :) Oh! and some shield with high block.

I went the other way and made a 10 point vita starfer, using Harmony (blade bow) atm. Nm Chaos was no hassel what so ever. Killed everything offscreen :O

Hope i can do the same in hell, after a bow uppgrade :D

But go with the hammerdin if u wana run Cs a little safer :)

-Ellok

6. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Holy bolt templars can clear the undead very well, but will have a hard time with venom lords and diablo

7. moreson

moreson IncGamers Member

Trapsins are excellent at clearing chaos and most other areas with cheap gear (at least on low player count, if you plan on doing it in 8 player games you need infinity and lots of +skill items to kill with LS instead of DS). You got really good crowd control with CoS and MB, and if you make it a kicker hybrid with some crushing blow gear on switch you can take down bosses in a few seconds.