Chaos Runeword Durability Question

MrToad

Diabloii.Net Member
Chaos Runeword Durability Question

Okey, here's my problem.
I just made my Chaos in a Suwayyah.
It had stats of: +1 to Shadow Master, +2 to Attack Rating.
It works like a charm, but, since I'm PvM, after only a couple
trips out of town, I'm in debt thousands of dollars.
(Like 70-80 thousand after about 7 or 8 points of durability lost. Ridiculous.)
If I were to trade this Chaos for one that was made in a much cheaper
base claw, would it solve this durability cost?
I can't deal with such a high price, and I can't keep worrying about getting
a hold of Orts...
I don't mind paying 50 or 60 thousand for a full durability repair, but when 25
durability points cost 428215 gold to repair, I think it's a bit much.
Any help would be appreciated.
:)
 

ThyForbidden

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes.. I got mine with +1 DF to save 4 points, but it also has DTail and cobra which raises it.. Full cost is 44k (67 dur i think). Whihc wouldn't be bad if i wasn't pvp and 100% full of charms. :)
 

MrToad

Diabloii.Net Member
Do you think it would be easy for me to trade mine to somebody who has a
lower quality base Chaos? Just Chaos for Chaos.
 

squigipapa

Diabloii.Net Member
Is this in a superior Suwayyah? I would think so because mime is in just a normal Suwayyah and it costs me 19K for half of a full repair. it has +3 dragon flight, +2 weapon block, +2 charged bolt sentery. So I'm guessing you made it in a superior. I don't think that the +skills matter for repair cost, but the superior base item matters a lot.
 

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
squigipapa said:
Is this in a superior Suwayyah? I would think so because mime is in just a normal Suwayyah and it costs me 19K for half of a full repair. it has +3 dragon flight, +2 weapon block, +2 charged bolt sentery. So I'm guessing you made it in a superior. I don't think that the +skills matter for repair cost, but the superior base item matters a lot.
The +skills do matter. Just hit something with hand of blessed light (+FoH and +HBolt) , the repair costs are quite high.
 

mantrid_drone

Diabloii.Net Member
MrToad said:
Okey, here's my problem.
I just made my Chaos in a Suwayyah.
It had stats of: +1 to Shadow Master, +2 to Attack Rating.
It works like a charm, but, since I'm PvM, after only a couple
trips out of town, I'm in debt thousands of dollars.
(Like 70-80 thousand after about 7 or 8 points of durability lost. Ridiculous.)
If I were to trade this Chaos for one that was made in a much cheaper
base claw, would it solve this durability cost?
I can't deal with such a high price, and I can't keep worrying about getting
a hold of Orts...
I don't mind paying 50 or 60 thousand for a full durability repair, but when 25
durability points cost 428215 gold to repair, I think it's a bit much.
Any help would be appreciated.
:)
One suggestion I would make: keep the superior chaos claw. Use it down to 1 durability point, then use the cube formula to fully repair it. The formula is on the arreat summit, but I imagine keeping a few tals or orts (I dont rememebr which) would be a lot easier than spending all that gold.
 

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
It's ort for weapons :) And yes , it's alot cheaper to use orts then to repair the claw with gold.
 

squigipapa

Diabloii.Net Member
Lunatic said:
The +skills do matter. Just hit something with hand of blessed light (+FoH and +HBolt) , the repair costs are quite high.
Actually I was just talking Suwayyah's here, I have one with 3 different + to skills on it as well as one which is just normal (no plus to skills) and there is not a huge difference between the repair costs of each. I don't know about any other weapons, as I've never tried it.
 

ReallFugitive

Diabloii.Net Member
Ossar said:
It's because of a superior weapon. That rally makes the repair costs sky high...
I do the Ort repair with my Fury Suwayyah (119k per dura). It is totally worth only repairing when it is about to break.
 
Top