Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Chaos/Pit/Cow Multizon Questions

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by wham, Sep 18, 2006.

1. wham

wham IncGamers Member

Chaos/Pit/Cow Multizon Questions

I've read a bunch of the posts and was hoping for some answers from people who have experience with the suggested builds.

I'm making this char for the sole purpose of running chaos, pits, cows solo in 8p games (probably more chaos in hopes of more items). I'm leaning towards a multizon for this but I've heard that a well geared javazon can do them just as fast if not faster so if anyone has tried both builds in all 3 sections, I'd love to hear which one you think is faster and what your build/equip is like.

As for the bowazon, my main question is GMat or Mat for the Faith?
    Since I'll be using MS as my main atk, I'll need 95ias (with a 13+ Fanat) to reach the last breakpoint with a GMat. This means that I can't use Atmas for the amp dmg proc but I'll have higher base dmg.
    Is there anyone that has tried both that can let me know which one seems to kill faster?
    With GMat, I'll have to use (will be using Fort as armor) a 45ias helm, Highlords/Cats Eye, 20ias gloves and Nos Coil to hit the last breakpoint.
    This means that I don't get to use Atmas and Razor (to save points going into Pierce) so would those 2 items make up for the dmg I'm losing by switching to a Mat bow?

Thanks for any help!

2. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

In my experience I always go for 100% Pierce, when talking about PvM. That goes for Java and Bowazons. Cows with 100% Pierce makes your barbeque fiest go hot, almost even before you get started on the beer.

3. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Umm, cows drop more than chaos. The only difference is immunites aren't there in cows and the bosses' drops in chaos. Otherwise, they would be pretty even.

For bigger unique items, go chaos.
    For socket items/charms, go cows.

4. zalt

zalt IncGamers Member

I could be wrong on this but im almost sure that cows cant drop items from the highest TC-class i.e berserker axe, Col.blade, archon plate etc. Thats why people do Pit and CS these days.

5. Delreich

Delreich IncGamers Member

You are. Hell cows can drop any base item, but area level is only 81, so not all uniques are available.

6. zalt

zalt IncGamers Member

Nah.. Area level has nothing to do with the item dropping as a "white", unique, magical or whatever. If the base item can drop in the area, then all variants of it can drop.

7. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Well, no offense, but you need to go to a cow game sometime. In hell.

Archon plates drop like flies. Not to many zerkers or C blades drop, but that is expected. I would say if you clear one, about a 1/3 chance to drop an archon plate of some sort. Just got myself a hr today for a 4os archon that dropped.

Isn't there some uniques Pindle cannot drop? Yet he can drop the rare of the base item? You might want to use the search function and read up on some stuff.

8. Delreich

Delreich IncGamers Member

Area level (and champ/unique status of the monster) decides ilvl for items
    in NM and Hell.

For uniques (and set items), ilvl has to be greater than qlvl for that specific
    unique (different from qlvl of base item), or it won't be available for a drop.
    If you roll for a unique, but no unique is available (because of ilvl or simply
    because there is no unique of that type), you get a triple durabillity rare
    instead.

For rare and magic items, ilvl and base item qlvl decides affix level, which in
    turn decides what can spawn on the item.

List of TC's, uniques, set items and their qlvls:
    http://www.diabloii.net/items/110tc.shtml

As an example for cows, a unique cow (mlvl = area_lvl+3) can drop Griffon
    but not Kira's, despite the fact that is in TC72 and griffon is in TC87.

More useful reading on item creation;
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=392254

[edit] "greater than qlvl" should read "greater than or equal to qlvl" in the
    unique section... silly me.

9. zalt

zalt IncGamers Member

Its ok i dont feel offended in any way :grin: Apparently i was wrong. It really surprises me that a "white" item can drop from a monster but still the unique version of it cant, i always took that for some stupid rumor on B-net when i heard it, dont no why i did it though.

10. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

If you want to do cowruns, go for javazon certainly. Simply because you will have trouble to kill the king, whiche is always very good. How are you going to open the cow level when you killed the king?

For chaos runs, well, I heard the wrath is very good for that. Little ED but a lot versus demons and undead and some other nice things. And you don't want atma, ctc a better curse. And don't need raven frost, can't be frozen on the bow.

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=495941
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=495689
    P.S. might need to go for strave.