Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Chaos in Iraq

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by llad12, Apr 5, 2004.

1. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Chaos in Iraq

This apparent uprising by the Shiites comes directly on the heels of the horrific attacks at Fallujah. It's getting very ugly over there.

Another fine mess you have gotten us into ... Thanks Dubya.

2. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Ok there, Mr. DramaQueen. You're shot in the arm. Unless it's an artery, I'm pretty sure you'll make it.

3. Shug_Ninx

Shug_Ninx IncGamers Member

I was watching the news and one of the commenators said that the cleric who incited this riot knows he is too extremist to ever get a high-ranking position in Iraq, so he is using violence [and possibly] a civil war gain new recruits for his militant organization and fight an uphill battle. The US [and coalition forces] are reduced to nothing more then pawns for him. An example of this is when the US arrested some guy for killing his political opponent he called it an "outrage" and asked all Iraqis to retaliate.

I dont think its fair to blame Bush for one man's power-struggle. Not counting leaving Saddam in power, I dont see how someone like him could be stopped [outside of political execution, which makes things 10-fold worse].

4. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

A Iraqi blogger (formerly "Dear Raed") provides some background on this cleric. A bit of a read but worth looking at:

http://raedinthemiddle.************/

5. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Shrug,

Tell me, who started this war?

Who didn't listen to advisors like Gen. Tony Zinni telling him that the aftermath was not going to be easy ... that, in order to have any chance of success, it would take decades of occupation and cost Americans untold billions of dollars.

Who didn't tell the American people these facts and the cost that this war would bring ... in both lives and money.

Who told the UN that they were irrelevant and alienated our allies?

Who's administration lied and exaggerated reasons for an invasion?

Who didn't listen when Middle East leaders said that to invade Iraq would create a hundred more bin Ladens?

This country is in chaos and civil war is looming.

It's a big ugly mess over there ... and it's likely to get far, far worse.

Were stuck now and everyday more of our soldiers are maimed or coming home in caskets.

Tell me, who's fault it that?

Why it's your president,

George W. Bush

6. Painman

Painman IncGamers Member

7. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

If George Carlin suddenly shows up in a futuristic telephone booth with a guy in a robe and bad pasty makeup I am so off this planet.

8. Shug_Ninx

Shug_Ninx IncGamers Member

What about America's insatable appetite for large vehicles?
    What about our lack of will for demanding a cleaner energy source?
    What about the rest of Bush's administration? What about congress?

You cant blame one person for every mess that happens down there. If you do, you're just finding a scapegoat. Bush does what he's told, thats all. I honestly think that deep down inside, Mr. Bush thinks he is on a righteous crusade of some sort, but does not fully comprehend the situations we get ourselves in. He is just like Ronald Reagon: nothing more then a figurehead.

9. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

I just hope he doesn't get elected for another wonderful four years. So I don't have to see his monkey face or hear his idiot speeches about "evil-doers".

10. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

I agree on the bit about Bush being a puppet/mouthpiece, but still, the guy is the president. Ultimately he will be perceived as the one who made the decision to go into Iraq. I don't think the poor guy really knows how he is being used.

Speaking of mouthpiece, anyone find it funny that Bush gets to have Cheney by his side when they chat with the Sept. 11, 2001 commission?

Propaganda

11. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

I'm sure Cheney realized that they had to keep their story straight. Considering Bush's debacle on his Meet the Press interview with Russert, Cheney probably decided enough was enough. :lol:

I would so like to see a transcript of this upcoming interview ... Hopefully,some of it will be "leaked" to the press.

12. Damascus

Damascus IncGamers Member

I just had an image of Cheney as a ventriloquist.

13. xXxDraGoNxXx1123

xXxDraGoNxXx1123 IncGamers Member

:lol: Anakha1 + 10 points. My thoughts exactly.

14. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

So did this guy.

15. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Saddam. He failed to comply with UN Resolution 1441.

The same man that knows you can't put a price on world security.

Nobody knew. Nobody knew the cost of WWII yet it didn't matter. It had to be done.

The UN IS irrelevant and impotent. Russia, France & Germany were doing BILLIONS of dollars of business with Saddam. Of course they didn't want us to do anything. That's not alienating them. That's kicking them in the nuts for stabbing us in the back.

Everybody knew he had WMD's. Pres. Clinton, the UN, France, Germany, Russia, Carjackistan, you name it. The lies are the ones being told by the liberals.

With that logic, we should never go after criminals because that'd make their buddies mad.

Only when you see the world as Doom & Gloom.

The same was said in WWII. And nobody cared. It had to be done.

Would you rather it be your friends and family getting killed at home? Because that's what will happen if we don't win.

It never would have happened had Pres. Clinton taken Bin Laden in 1998 when Sudan offered him.

That's right. Blame the US. Don't place any of the blame for the chaos over there on the terrorists doing the killings. It's all our fault for driving big vehicles.

Yup, he's a dunce. Everything is being run by somebody else. BTW, your tin hat fell off.

You guys always gravitate towards the worst in the news. You never and I mean NEVER mention the fact that the power grid is better now than it has ever been. There are more schools open now than ever. Every hospital is up and running with a full staff. Roads, bridges, infrastructure... It's all being rebuilt or built.
    You see nothing but doom and gloom and think that's all there is. Rage and hate isn't going to do anything but make their job easier.

16. Damascus

Right right right, the Middle East is nothing but terrorists and Saddam was a threat and Bush is a genius. This calls for tiny American flag waving.

17. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

So why are you so into it?

18. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Sure, I'd love to fly this flag

19. Damascus

I'd rather fly on of these one of these instead. But we've gotten ourselves stuck.

20. Freemason

Freemason Banned

I hate the terrorists. The hate I was speaking of is against those who are the ones fighting terror. The hate against a man because he had the cojones to tell the naysayers to go to hell, we're doing it anyway.