Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Chaos claws?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by pesot, Feb 5, 2004.

1. pesot

pesot IncGamers Member

Chaos claws?

hey guys need some opinion here.

have any of you guys tried a chaos claw? would it be better than an upgraded bartuc's. from my rune collections, i can conjure up a chaos claw. i also have several claws as candidate. what would be better, a feral claw(good dmg, good speed), runic talon(lesser dmg, more speed) or a suwayyah(more dmg, less speed). none of these are socketed yet, i'll have to get it from larzuk.

the problem is, chaos already have a good ias, so i'll probably don't need the speed from a runic talon. also, would using a claw with inherit skills boost the repair cost like crazy? i know a superior item runeword would be a b***h to repair. but i don't know about assn stuff. since there's some weirdness with the assn in term of fundings(e.g: they sell items at higher price in 1.09).

i'm using phnx strike and dragon claw as main attack.

2. Yngwie

Yngwie IncGamers Member

If you do make it, I'd love to see a screenshot of an Assassin whirling around. :D

3. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

A lot of people over at the assasin forum have gone to making Whirlwinding 'sins based on Chaos. It does nice damage on it's own, depending on what claw you put it in, and the chance to cast FO is quite nice, even with the third charge of Phoenix Strike.

4. pesot

pesot IncGamers Member

well actually i'm not making a WW assn. just wanted to try out some new claws, since i can afford it :p

5. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

There was a "most damaging claws" post on the assassin forum that i'm going to try and dig up, since i was wondering about this the other day. i'll edit this post with the link once i find it.

edit: I'm going to agree with RavenForce and say that the runic talons are the best choice. It'd probably be best to wear a Chaos on your right hand and an upgraded Bartuc's on your off hand so that you have the chance to cast on the right-hand only super-fast PS chargeup and the +MA from the upgraded Bartuc's on the off hand, the damage of which will obviously factor into the dual-claw finishing move. Oh. and the post is gone. I think it must have been eaten in the great forum crash #3.

edit 2: check out the breakpoint list here: http://www.diabloii.net/characters/assassin/ias.shtml The second table has the breakpoints for differing levels of BoS for your finishing move. Since you're using a dual-claw build, you need as much speed as you can possibly get, especially if you're not using Burst of Speed.

6. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

Again, like I said, the mods are very useful depending on what claw you put them in. I sugguest the fastest claws you can get your hands on to put it into.

7. brainfloss

brainfloss IncGamers Member

Any claw you can put it in will reach the whirlwind breakpoint, so I'd go with a (scissors) suwayyah for the damage. I hear the breakpoints are different for dual claws though.

Anyway, a suwayyah is quick enough - with lv.6 BoS (easy w/1 point and skill adders), it'll reach 7fps with 20%ias gloves. If you'd use dualclaw attacks, then maybe go with a quicker claw.

8. pesot

pesot IncGamers Member

my assn was doing 7fpa with her dual bartuc's and an ias gloves. i think her BoS lvl 7. but this is in 1.09. thanks wildjinn for the effort.

brainfloss: can't i use a feral claw? it has better min dmg than a scissor suwayyah. also, a feral claw is way clooler looking.

i'm a little rusty with this stuff now having to take so long to migrate to 1.10. now i'm gonna start being a newb again.

9. jrichard

jrichard IncGamers Member

While any claw will hit the whirlwind bp, if you plan on using this without ww, i'd go for the runic talons.

jrichard