Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Changing my build a bit

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by LordMojo, Apr 8, 2004.

1. LordMojo

LordMojo IncGamers Member

Changing my build a bit

I have a level 78 fire sorc and I want to put a few skill points into a cold skill so my merc isn't completely on his own against fire immunes (and I'm not completely defensless against them). My gear gives me +5 to skills, so I'm thinking another five into either blizzard or orb would work. Level 10 blizzard probably wouldn't do a whole lot of damage in hell, so right now I'm leaning toward orb so I can freeze groups of enemies to make them more managable for my merc, but I'd like to see what other people think.

2. wise_man

wise_man IncGamers Member

Why just 5 points?
    I agree that FO is better for low cost in skill points that gives a reasonable attack. But if you want this attack to be reasonable you should (and can at your level) put more points in it.

3. Tanatus

Tanatus IncGamers Member

Why not put those points into static - it will help a lot more for your merc (stun+at least 50% damage)

4. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

static doesn't stun
    TK does

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

1 pt glacial spike, no mastery, nada. freeze them for him to kill.

6. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

1pt Glacial spike in Hell won't freeze long enough, aeh?
    You would have to hammer them with it constantly.
    I'd think 1pt Frozen Orb in combination with Telekinesis (knock back and stun) would do nicely. Frozen Orb can slow a big bunch of enemies, making it easier for the Merc and yourself using Telekinesis.

Static Field at lvl6 with +5 items already gives a usuable range to help out your Merc. Would not put more points in there, especially since one might stumble over more +Skill items :)

7. Tanatus

Tanatus IncGamers Member

If my memory serve me well to get full screen coverage with SF you need get range with items to 11.4 yards

8. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Think so yes, but normally half range of 800x600 screen would be enough.
    I like the idea though of even beiing able to hit things beiing off screen.
    lvl 20 SF could get you there. 8 hard points into SF with a +12 Skills setup might hurt your other spells though :/

9. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

just tried it in hell. about a second, good enough. kind of odd though. for nm lister pack, it sometimes it's so short it looks like it's not working at all. for hell a1 though, it works exactly as it's supposed to.

10. Tanatus

Tanatus IncGamers Member

My first built in 1.10 was copycat from my favorite model in 1.09 aka FO/SF as a main attack but due to massive cold immunities in hell I had to pick fire tree as a secondary attack and ended up with FO/SF/FB (with maxed Meteor) I have SF range with items ~14 (which slightly larger then screen but ....) still I have feeling that "comfortable" range that allow you litterally shred everything down need to be 18.7yard (11.4 yards full scree +7.3yard to cover full radius of 1.5screens). Even in hell as long as monsters not cold immune hiting pack once with FO and then chain casting SF 6-8time litterally kill whole pack. Peronally I dont have explonation why while target frozen/chilled SF can do some insane damage and cut health down almost to nothing - but fact is it still work in hell