Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Changing language

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by colum, Jun 18, 2005.

1. colum

colum Diabloii.Net Member

Changing language

Hi, I have bought the German language version (I do not know the German language, just that I am currently based in germany for a while). Is there anyway or any file that I can download to make the in-game language change to English?

If such a thing is not approved in this forum and you have a solution, please pm me. Thanks.

2. nepeta

nepeta Diabloii.Net Member

You should be honored. The german version is way cooler.

If someone knows the remedy to colum's question that includes chaning the sound files, please give me the reverse solution :)

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

No, theres no way i know of to change the version, you'll have to buy the different language game. And why would the german version be cooler? Its the same game (with an extra bug that crashes your game if you use an azurewrath and some other items) but its in german, which for an english speaking person like myself, is just confusing.

4. nobo

nobo Diabloii.Net Member

thats not correct. it's easy to make the english version of a german version. the other way round seems to be not that easy.

1) make a backup of your d2lang.dll, d2speech.mpq and d2xtalk.mpq
    2) download the english d2lang.dll and copy it in your d2-folder (you can download this file from german d2 sites)
    3) download the english D2speech.mpq (D2c) ~160MB and copy it in your d2-folder click me!
    4) download the english D2xtalk.mpq (LoD) ~ 60MB and copy it in your d2-folder click me!

you can download all files in a pack from a very popular german d2 site alternatively (i'm sure i'm not allowed to link).

5. colum

colum Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks nobo, I found the English d2lang.dll from a German sight and swap it with the one in my d2x game folder and it works. I decided to leave everything else as It is in German though just for fun.

6. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg Diabloii.Net Member

And a good way to try and learn the language, now you've got a good excuse for playing Diablo the whole time. :)