changing language

dymi

Diabloii.Net Member
changing language

hello

i have a question

How to change language version in diablo 2 exp.
I have the polish version which causes trouble with new aura runewords

please try to write exact manual (guide) how to do it also if there is a file required for it please give me link to download this file (i hope it is alloved on this forum)
I will be very happy if anyone would solve this problem for me.

Thx in advance

lCE

Diabloii.Net Member
Pm me with your email address ill send u the program that changes polish to english, posting links to other sites isnt allowed on this forum.

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
lCE said:
Pm me with your email address ill send u the program that changes polish to english, posting links to other sites isnt allowed on this forum.
what you are doing is not allowed in the forums as well. You are still supplying someone a 3rd party program through these forums.

The only way to change to language is to buy a new version of the game in that language.

Aerath

Diabloii.Net Member
Not sure, thought it was possible just through installing a few english game files, though I am not 100% sure which those are.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
The aura bug is something different. Fixing it won't change the language to English.

To fix the aura bug (game crashes when hovering the mouse over e.g. Azurewrath in the German version), there is no patch from Blizzard. You have to use a patched version of a certain MPQ file (respectively a hacked one, as it's from a third party). IMO it makes no sense to disallow mentioning it, but that's only my personal opinion which might differ from the forum rules. I prefer to wait for Aragorn making a statement about this special issue.

5Ws

Banned
mhl12 said:
what you are doing is not allowed in the forums as well. You are still supplying someone a 3rd party program through these forums.

The only way to change to language is to buy a new version of the game in that language.
Actually it is not illegal, my Chinese legal copy of D2 comes with a language converter, it'll be ok.