Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Changed My mind. lvl 53! Pvp barb build*zerk*

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Kilmin, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Kilmin

Kilmin Banned

Changed My mind. lvl 53! Pvp barb build*zerk*

Ok so. Decided to go to 53 since i got my atod and 79max/30ias/97 life armor. Now I will use eth Oath BB. But having problems on skill allocation. Am not sure on weighing mastery vs dmg? or something of that nature. If anyone could help I'd be greatful. Maybe set out my order of skills, This char is 53 with all stats/quests norm thru hell so he has everything he needs. Thx In advance.

2. GildedAdonis

GildedAdonis IncGamers Member

From my (extensive) barb experience, I've found that for the most part, masteries are relatively worthless when compared to just about *any* other skill the barb can put points into as far as value goes. I don't have a list of your particular skills on hand, but for lv 53 with all quests done, you should have...64 skill points?

I would probably go something like this (Im assuming equipment is more or less not a concern):

20 Frenzy
    10 to 15, maybe even 20 Double Swing
    1 Double Throw
    9 (+ Echo skills = 15) BO
    1 (+ skills) Howl
    1 (+ skills) Shout
    3-7 Increased Run
    1 Increased Stamina
    4-5 Natl. Resistance
    1 Iron Skin

Using the maximum values for all the arbitrary skills I listed, you could theoretically go with 18 Double Swing for synergies, for a total of 180% more damage on average, or you could stop at 10 and throw the remainder into mastery as you proposed, netting you the bonus chance for Critical, which is nothing to scoff at.

Alternately, you could throw extra points into leap, as leap stuns in pvp, giving you *just* about a full second of stun time to abuse, in which you could strike for a moment, then pull off another jump before whoever your after has a chance to retaliate, but that requires mad finger reflexes to be able to do right.

Like I said, im pretty in the dark about your build, so I have no clue what equipment your using. I guess the bottom line of my opinion would be to throw mastery out the window and use leap instead. Hope this helps.

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Well seeing as this is Zerk, not Frenzy...

20 Zerk
    1 WW
    20 BO
    1 BC
    1 all applicable masteries
    rest in synergies

WW and Leap Attack are for mobility, etc.

Don't skimp on warcries so you can use a BO Slave and pump damage more; that's lame.

Leap is an interesting tactical idea, but one point as a prereq to WW should be enough since you're not an 'Enigma' BvC.